BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
victorfy
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 28i

eco pro/comfort/sport with DS

A little confused by the combinations of driving experience control (eco pro/comfort/sport) and DS/regular at. I read somewhere saying DS only changes the rpm for shifts, while sport mode changes both the rpm and other "feels" (steering, response etc.) Could anyone offer some more insights on this? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2.0d Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfy View Post
A little confused by the combinations of driving experience control (eco pro/comfort/sport) and DS/regular at. I read somewhere saying DS only changes the rpm for shifts, while sport mode changes both the rpm and other "feels" (steering, response etc.) Could anyone offer some more insights on this? Thanks!
Just posted recently this: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678581

The Sport mode can be configured to affect steering only, throttle only, gearbox only, dampers only or combinations.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
Le Chef
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

Really?

[QUOTE=The Sport mode can be configured to affect steering only, throttle only, gearbox only, dampers only or combinations.[/QUOTE]

Until now you have only had combinations available but not individual selections on the X3. So:

Chassis (steering + dampers* + looser dsc) or

Chassis (as above) + gearbox.

*If variable damper control - or whatever BMW calls it in your particular country

When did this change - with MY13?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #4
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Chef View Post
Until now you have only had combinations available but not individual selections on the X3. So:

Chassis (steering + dampers* + looser dsc) or

Chassis (as above) + gearbox.

*If variable damper control - or whatever BMW calls it in your particular country

When did this change - with MY13?
I might have not been so precise, I need to walk downstairs to the car an let you know .
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator69 View Post
I might have not been so precise, I need to walk downstairs to the car an let you know .
Effectively. The options are "chassis" (meaning Variable Steering and Dampers) and Engine (meaning both gearbox and throttle response) Sorry for adding up some confusion.

I believe that the third choice is not selecting anything with the button and selecting the DS mode, then I believe the rest stays as it was, but the car changes at a higher rev rate.
Appreciate 0