BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #23
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardew View Post
A rather strange thread to post on an X3 forum. I am impressed by your wealth.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #24
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

Quote:
It's cuz I just recently bought an x3 too. So really liked ur help wen choosing my x3
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #25
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

While age normally matters when buying a car, for this comparison I don't think it should be a deciding factor in which car you choose. While the Aston look's more "sporty" I wouldn't exactly say it looks younger as both cars are essentially old people cars, most Bentley and Aston drivers already have one foot in the grave.

In addition since the Aston looks more sporty than the Bentley I would think more people would feel the need to race you. You'll be having M3, WRX owners, or guys with that tuned and riced out Honda with Vtec stickers coating the car (the stickers add 100 HP each) thinking that just because they beat you in a drag race that their car is better. While I'm sure the Aston handles like a dream and car's aren't only about 0-60 times doesn't the car run in the high 4s or low 5s with the Bentley being in the mid to low 4s (different reviews give conflicting numbers).

In the end it's still your decision Colton and both cars are fantastic vehicles with very few people ever owning them, you will be happy regardless of which car you decide to get. In addition while unlikely I hope that in 9 years when I turn 29 that I can afford cars of this caliber.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #26
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #27
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Put the wife and kids in the back? Who's in front?

Poser alert. I don't trust anyone who claims tomspend that kind of money who looks to for the opinion of anyone else let alone a bunch of folks who mostly consider an X3 a big purchase.
      08-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #28
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenTul View Post
Who is this "wealthy" individual? I found him here: http://www.talentjug.com/profile/coltonmatthias

He removed his pic from that site and updated age within 24 hrs after I asked if it was him in earlier post.

The internet never forgets.
I wonder if Colton Mattias is his real name since Mattias is a Caucasian name and he looks, well Asian...although I guess his father could be white and his mother is Asian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Put the wife and kids in the back? Who's in front?

Poser alert. I don't trust anyone who claims tomspend that kind of money who looks to for the opinion of anyone else let alone a bunch of folks who mostly consider an X3 a big purchase.
Not trying to defend the guy but you'd be surprised how much money some people have even if they don't flash it around. I have family friends and business associates of my parents who you would not know they had the kind of money that they do. For example a close friend of my parents is the CEO of a major airline, which I'm sure some of you guys have ridden on, he has multi-million dollar homes and flies on private jets yet the guy drives a old Toyota Camry and dresses very modestly. His company also provides homes for employees to live in and pays for various expenses such as cellphone bills and utilities. However he has one major rule for all employees and that is to limit their contact with people outside of the company and does not like people to reveal their job title or the hierarchy of the company.

I also have many stories similar to the one mentioned and if Coltan happens to be Asian, specifically Chinese which isn't surprising since there's a huge Chinese population in Canada I could understand where he's coming from. In Chinese culture most people don't like others to know how much money they have and while they still buy nice things if they can afford it most of them won't go around flashing it.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #29
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Singe his eyebrows off for fraud! That way he might look like the Bentley, prompting him to buy it with his bountiful piggy bank. lol:
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #30
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm thinking of getting myself another island. Would you recommend Atlantic or Indian Ocean?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #31
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I'm thinking of getting myself another island. Would you recommend Atlantic or Indian Ocean?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 03:14 AM   #32
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

If that is indeed his name and picture, he is all over the internet with his resume which has his email and home address! If that is indeed you, take it off if I were you! Look, when I was young I also day dreamed about owning nice cars that I now buy, so I don't have a big issue with you.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 04:15 AM   #33
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Can the real Colton Matthias please STAND UP!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #34
Le Chef
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

He is standing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
Can the real Colton Matthias please STAND UP!
Give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He may be the real deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #35
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Chef View Post
Give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He may be the real deal.
That's what I say, innocent until proven guilty....although I'm not sure how many Colton Matthias there are in Ontario.

With that said here's a link to the resume and contact info.

http://coltonmatthias.weebly.com/index.html

Seems kinda young to have kids and that much money by the time you're 21.

Even though the guy is lying I have nothing against him nor would I get heated and end up posting this in retaliation. The reason why I'm posting this is because there are many trolls on the internet and this is one of the very few times any of us normal individuals who come on to forums to learn more information and help out others can expose fakers and perhaps cut down on people trolling in the future.

PS: the email says Colton Leung, perhaps that's his real name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenTul
The internet never forgets.
Indeed it doesn't
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #36
tagz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #37
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Forums are a liar's paradise.

This thread is stupid and a waste of time......what am I doing even posting this.....
      08-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #38
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
That's what I say, innocent until proven guilty....although I'm not sure how many Colton Matthias there are in Ontario.

With that said here's a link to the resume and contact info.

http://coltonmatthias.weebly.com/index.html

Seems kinda young to have kids and that much money by the time you're 21.

Even though the guy is lying I have nothing against him nor would I get heated and end up posting this in retaliation. The reason why I'm posting this is because there are many trolls on the internet and this is one of the very few times any of us normal individuals who come on to forums to learn more information and help out others can expose fakers and perhaps cut down on people trolling in the future.

PS: the email says Colton Leung, perhaps that's his real name?

Indeed it doesn't
he says he's 29 on page 1 of this thread so this either isn't him or he made a mistake on that post.

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #39
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
PML.

Bit of a cheer up from watching all the scum rob shops on the UK news (although the snob in me sneers at the stores they've been targetting - JJB and Primark?!?)