BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #397
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
No BMW entity, be it a Dealer or a BMW performance shop (unless perhaps they are independant) will code your car.

If you code something obvious, it will be noticeable to your Dealer. However, it does not void your warranty in and of itself. Now if somehow you brick a module, and they can pin that on your coding, then you are likely on the hook for that module. If you are worried about it though, you can just reset the car before you take it to the dealer.
Thats what I am thinking - not a BMW-branded performance shop, rather an independent tuner/performance shop that specializes in BMW's. I will call around.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #398
Wallo
Germany
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Quote:
"No Traget" more than likely the "dist" folders are missing from your installation. The folders should be empty, but they need to be there.

So, make sure that there is a "Dist" folder in each of the Chassis (F01/F10/F25) folders etc.:

e.g. "C:\ESysData\psdzdata\mainseries\F010\F010_12_03_5 1 1\odx\dist"

Attachment 800699
I do have those folders. Could there be another issue?

Last edited by Wallo; 12-27-2012 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #399
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
I do have those folders. Could there be another issue?
Is the Target window completely empty, or you can you see Targets, but just can't connect?

Is E-Sys showing an Error Code in Brackets, e.g., [C049], and if so, what is it?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 01:28 AM   #400
Wallo
Germany
Rep

The target window is completely empty.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 02:23 AM   #401
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Did you do this?

Run "C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\E-Sys.exe" (It will take E-Sys a while to write the log file).
Under Options, Settings:
On the PROGRAM TAB, set the Directories - Data Path to C:\ESysData

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #402
Wallo
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
Quote:
Did you do this?

Run "C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\E-Sys.exe" (It will take E-Sys a while to write the log file).
Under Options, Settings:
On the PROGRAM TAB, set the Directories - Data Path to C:\ESysData
All done as suggested, did not help. Maybe I should re-install?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #403
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Which PSdZData are you using, and did you use one of April1's batch files for the install?

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #404
Wallo
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Which PSdZData are you using, and did you use one of April1's batch files for the install?
I am using 2_46.3 and did not use a batch file for the installation
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #405
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I want you to delete your old PSdZData folder and replace it in its entirety with the full 48.1 PSdZData. Then try it and see what you get.

PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #406
Wallo
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I want you to delete your old PSdZData folder and replace it in its entirety with the full 48.1 PSdZData. Then try it and see what you get.

PM sent.
It worked! Thanks so much for your help. I am only making a full back up now and hopefully have some time on Jan 2nd to try some coding. Do you happen to know where to activate the TMC module?
Happy New Year!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #407
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It worked! Thanks so much for your help. I am only making a full back up now and hopefully have some time on Jan 2nd to try some coding. Do you happen to know where to activate the TMC module?
Happy New Year!
TMC? Is that for Traffic on Nav?

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #408
damavr
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 28i M

New member here and getting the X3 in the next couple of weeks, very interested in changing some of the settings and wanted to hear from some of the members on which ones you think are the most worth while to do?

Thanks

Last edited by damavr; 12-31-2012 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #409
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Members here are very sensible and will advice you correctly. Post your questions and some one with enough knowledge and experience will answer you.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #410
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Has anyone been able to code cruise control ON after start?
      01-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #411
Aziego
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 330, 2023 X5, 2023 i4

Picked up the X3 a few weeks ago and found this awesome forum. Anyway, I am trying my hand at coding. Took an old laptop and installed win732-bit with e-sys 3.18.4 and psdzdata 4.74. On the first try, everything connected but was not able to download HU_CHAMP2. I just got an error message. So I figured I need to update the psdzdata files. I search and downloaded the files for 47.5 and then the files for 48.1. Now I can't connect anymore, it just says psdzdata is corrupted. Is there a special way to install the updated psdzdata files? I just un-rar the updates into the psdzdata folder. I will also try to get a new copy of the update files, originally obtained them from usenet.

Also another question, I did not see this in the cheat sheet but is there a code to turn off the annoying chime when the temperature drops below 37 degrees? Most annoying when I start the car and get the idrive warning and then the temperature warning.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #412
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziego View Post
Picked up the X3 a few weeks ago and found this awesome forum. Anyway, I am trying my hand at coding. Took an old laptop and installed win732-bit with e-sys 3.18.4 and psdzdata 4.74. On the first try, everything connected but was not able to download HU_CHAMP2. I just got an error message. So I figured I need to update the psdzdata files. I search and downloaded the files for 47.5 and then the files for 48.1. Now I can't connect anymore, it just says psdzdata is corrupted. Is there a special way to install the updated psdzdata files? I just un-rar the updates into the psdzdata folder. I will also try to get a new copy of the update files, originally obtained them from usenet.

Also another question, I did not see this in the cheat sheet but is there a code to turn off the annoying chime when the temperature drops below 37 degrees? Most annoying when I start the car and get the idrive warning and then the temperature warning.
I can help you with your PSdZData issue, but I can not PM you because of your Post Count, so put up an email here if you want my help.

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #413
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziego

Unzip your new psdzdata to the desktop. Delete the psdzdata folder from your C:\ESysData folder and move the new psdzdata folder from your desktop to the C:\ESysData folder. Do not copy over top of or into the old psdzdata folder
      01-03-2013, 05:22 AM   #414
Wallo
Germany
Rep

Quote:
TMC? Is that for Traffic on Nav?
Yes, TMC stands for traffic message channel and is used throughout Europe as a standard to update Nav systems with up to date traffic information. Pretty much every major radio station is part of TMC. It somehow needs to be activated, currently my Nav system does not receive any traffic information. What probably is connected is the a feature that makes the radio "stick" to a station as long as possible while driving. Most stations broadcast on various frequencies, depending on location. There is somewhere a setting that activates this feature, which is standard in Europe.

I successfully changed the radio frequencies to ECE settings and also activated the speed display in the BC. Works beautifully!

Another small issue is a failure message that pops up every time I turn off the engine. It indicates that there is a failure in the "automatic headlight adjustment system" which I don`t have, since it is a US version. Does anybody know where to turn this message off?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #415
noka
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 x35i M-Sport

Quote:
Yes, TMC stands for traffic message channel and is used throughout Europe as a standard to update Nav systems with up to date traffic information. Pretty much every major radio station is part of TMC. It somehow needs to be activated, currently my Nav system does not receive any traffic information. What probably is connected is the a feature that makes the radio "stick" to a station as long as possible while driving. Most stations broadcast on various frequencies, depending on location. There is somewhere a setting that activates this feature, which is standard in Europe.

I successfully changed the radio frequencies to ECE settings and also activated the speed display in the BC. Works beautifully!

Another small issue is a failure message that pops up every time I turn off the engine. It indicates that there is a failure in the "automatic headlight adjustment system" which I don`t have, since it is a US version. Does anybody know where to turn this message off?
Is the "automatic headlight adjustment system" the option that turns high beams on/off depending on oncoming traffic or the self-leveling function of the Xenons? Do you have a pic of the speed display?
      01-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #416
Wallo
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noka View Post
Is the "automatic headlight adjustment system" the option that turns high beams on/off depending on oncoming traffic or the self-leveling function of the Xenons? Do you have a pic of the speed display?
It is the self-leveling function of the Xenon, but I don`t have Xenon... I will take a picture of the speed display later and post it.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #417
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Yes, I know what TMC stands for, I was just making sure that was the TMC you were referring to.

Check your HU_CIC / TI_CA_TMC setting. I think aktiv = RTTI and nicht aktiv = TMC.

For your KOMBI error, assuming the fault condition no longer exists, to clear the fault code.

1) Launch C:\EDIABAS\Bin\TOOL32.EXE
2) Hit F3
3) Load C:\EDIABAS\Ecu\F01.PRG
4) In the "Select Job: F01" window, select FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL
5) Hit F5
6) "Results" window should show "JOB_STATUS = OKAY"

Hopefully, Problem Solved.

Note: fs_lesen_funktional only read fault codes, FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL will delete it.

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #418
Wallo
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I know what TMC stands for, I was just making sure that was the TMC you were referring to.

Check your HU_CIC / TI_CA_TMC setting. I think aktiv = RTTI and nicht aktiv = TMC.

For your KOMBI error, assuming the fault condition no longer exists, to clear the fault code.

1) Launch C:\EDIABAS\Bin\TOOL32.EXE
2) Hit F3
3) Load C:\EDIABAS\Ecu\F01.PRG
4) In the "Select Job: F01" window, select FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL
5) Hit F5
6) "Results" window should show "JOB_STATUS = OKAY"

Hopefully, Problem Solved.

Note: fs_lesen_funktional only read fault codes, FS_LOESCHEN_FUNKTIONAL will delete it.
I changed HU_CIC / TI_CA_TMC setting to nicht aktiv. Now I have "TP" in the status line. I assume that means it is activated, although the nav system did not display any traffic while they announced some on the radio. Since I was not driving, this is only a preliminary report. I will get back to you once I tried it while driving and using the nav.

EDIBAS was not able to load F01.PRG - it got stuck while opening the file. Anyways, I assume the fault condition is still existing due to the fact that the importer of the car changed the light settings according to German regulations. Some setting seems to make the system assume that the car has the automatic headlight adjustment built in, but in fact it does not.
Appreciate 0