BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-22-2017, 10:59 PM   #1
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

OBD2 Spurious codes

I just bought BlueDriver OBD2 Bluetooth scanner to read the codes on my wife's 2014 328 wagon. It's had a check engine light for a couple of weeks and I'll be taking it to the shop next week. Anyway the device read the code on her car just fine.

Figured while I was at it I'd connect the device to my 2016 F25 335i with 18k on it. I didn't have any control failures nor was the check engine light on. However I got a bunch of stored codes, i.e. Junction Box Module, 3 for the cameras, Gateway module, Stability Control, Roof Control, Seat module, and 4 more with the trailer module, as well as 1 with the Rear Electronics module.

I've complained to the dealership that I've seen the front cameras do some snake-crap weird stuff before, and I've seen complaints on the dash regarding the trailer lights.

So my question is, does anyone know how typical is it that the car throws junk/transient/meaningless codes? Can't say I'm thrilled at the sheer volume of codes I picked off the car.

My wife's only had the one code, nothing stored, and its been a few months since it was at the dealership.

BTW - for anyone considering a BlueDriver device, I like the way it works on iOS vs. Android. You can tell it was created for Apple and then ported to Android.

Any help / comments appreciated.
Appreciate 0