BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jalopy

BMW 622M OEM Wheels

Are all BMW 622M OEM Wheels suppose to be produced in either Germany or Italy in order for it to be authentic?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #2
jaiden3301
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

BMW has been manufacturing a lot of their wheels in their factory in China and Taiwan

I don't know about the 622M wheels specifically but I know that the most recent super expensive wheels such as those on the new generation 750 760 540 550 M5 M6 X5M X6M are all manufactured between China and Taiwan

I wouldn't be surprised if the 622s are made in China

As long as they have the BMW inscription inside the wheels and have the part number inside the wheels (I think they don't stamp the full part number, only the last 5 or the first 5) they are authentic BMW wheels. Country of manufacture should not be a concern if they are authentic BMW wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiden3301 View Post
BMW has been manufacturing a lot of their wheels in their factory in China and Taiwan

I don't know about the 622M wheels specifically but I know that the most recent super expensive wheels such as those on the new generation 750 760 540 550 M5 M6 X5M X6M are all manufactured between China and Taiwan

I wouldn't be surprised if the 622s are made in China

As long as they have the BMW inscription inside the wheels and have the part number inside the wheels (I think they don't stamp the full part number, only the last 5 or the first 5) they are authentic BMW wheels. Country of manufacture should not be a concern if they are authentic BMW wheels.
It is not only wheels that fall into this category! I recently purchased a rear wiper blade online for my X3 and it was made in China. They sent the wrong part number. and when I queried it, they sent me a new one (correct part number) and this one was manufactured in Mexico.
Appreciate 0