BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
jeschiotz
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

My BMW remote

Finally I got my app working here in Norway. BUT the thing that I wanted is to start the Diesel prehater(webasto)which has been aftermounted here in Norway but that option was not showing on the app. I contacted Germany support(which are VERY helpfull on the matter) and they tell me that its a matter of telling the SIM card that a wbasto is installed. But how do I do that?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
Sigurdsen
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

How?

How did u make it work in Norway?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
hammer49
Registered
Rep

Do they make a remote starter for X3 i just brought a X3 and the saleman said they dont make them for BMWs.is this true?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
GSAL55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 2016 340i xDrive Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer49 View Post
Do they make a remote starter for X3 i just brought a X3 and the saleman said they dont make them for BMWs.is this true?
100% true currently. You might be able to get one installed by a trusted aftermarket company but be careful, if they aren't used to installing in BMWs they could tap into the wrong electronics and void your warranty. I would venture to guess that most dealership would suggest against installing an after market remote start - BMW doesn't offer one after market or from the factory for a reason. As an aside, I have heard rumors that they will be adding them to their vehicles soon...
MEDITERRANEAN BLUE METALLIC W/ BLACK NEVADA LEATHER & OYSTER HIGHLIGHT | SPORT PACKAGE | SPORT AUTOMATIC | HARMAN KARDON | PREMIUM PACKAGE | TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE | DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE | LIGHTING PACKAGE | CARBON FIBER M SPORT LIP SPOILER | BLACK KIDNEY GRILLES | BADGES OFF
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
hammer49
Registered
Rep

OK so its true.Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 01:11 AM   #6
costa79
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 XD (LCI)

Guys, we are not talking about remote start here. In Europe it is a 1500 eur option to fit a parking heater to your car. This is a small unit connected to car fuel system (burns fuel to heat cooling agent) and a circulating pump which will heat your cooling system and warm up your car. Can be scheduled to start by a timer or from remote. Anyhow 2 consecutive operations cannot be done without car to run, it is a risk of draining your battery. So the engine is not starting at all, it is preheated by this device. It is very nice during winter time! I will tick this option, but also I was asking myself if this can be operated via My BMW remote. This parking heater can be fitted also after delivery. For more info just Google Webasto parking heater. If anyone made this parking heater to work via My BMW, please let us know how!

Last edited by costa79; 03-04-2014 at 01:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #7
costa79
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 XD (LCI)

Webasto is selling a kit for parking heater remote starting using your Iphone, but from what I've seen is almost 50% the cost of the unit!
Appreciate 0