BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
EDH328
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328 Coupe

Interior Individual options available for F25 in US?

Can anyone shed some light on this? I have a friend that is preparing an order but would like to customize his interior somewhat... Spoke with one dealer so far and was told not an option...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDH328 View Post
Can anyone shed some light on this? I have a friend that is preparing an order but would like to customize his interior somewhat... Spoke with one dealer so far and was told not an option...
You can only customise what you see on the website configurator. Leather colour, interior trim etc. Same for paint colour, only what you see. If you want more choice than this you'll have to buy an Audi Q5. There are no individual options for the X3

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
lateshow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i Space Gray

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDH328 View Post
That makes no sense. Like what was just posted....go to the BMWUSA website and work on the interior. A word of advice, go to some dealerships and look at the wood options before placing an order. They look different in person than the online configurator. Also, get good pictures or in-person views of the red and brown leather colors. They look very different from the online pics as well. It's not that I don't like either option, but the red in on the website looks deeper and more "brownish" than what you'll see in person.

I LOVE the sport steering wheel that comes with the sports activity package. I also LOVE the large screen you get with the nav option. My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Last edited by Irish-Texan; 07-01-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
pault
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaamike View Post
T
Our wish list of unavailable options would include comfort seats (a la X5), dual opening glass panels on the panorama roof (also X5),rear fogs and black front grilles.
I am sure of these lacking options will be deliberate, they need some ways to distinguish between the models. BMWs response would be "if you want these options then they are available to you, on an X5"
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
Le Chef
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

BMW did a lot of analysis on the X3 market before they developed the brief for the new model. One of the findings was that buyers in this category were not prepared to pay a lot more for extra's and options. So the number of takers for comfort seats (think globally) was tiny as it was for options like laser guided active cruise control. For those types of options to make the spec list and be right priced you have to have a large enough number of buyers who are prepared to pay for them. In markets where they pay high levels of sales tax or import duty options can quickly double the price of the vehicle so the options take up is very low.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
mibmwx3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaamike View Post
There are 2 BMW interior products that we will add to our X3.
The pics posted by coiken convinced us to get the satin trim to make the fineline wood more dramatic.
http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...cessories.aspx
Also considering the satin trim. Are you satisfied with it? Is it plastic or metal? How much did you pay to have it installed?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Last edited by Irish-Texan; 07-01-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0