BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Poohbore
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: Mineral White F31 xDrive

newbie questions sorry

Im just trying to work out if a base 2.0d SE car will suit my needs or do I go for another car as it doesnt look as though I can't touchingons to my company car choice.

So could someone help out with a couple of questions that I cant find the answer to in the brochure.

Is a space saver spare wheel available as I dont want to rely on a mobikity kit.

Can you connect an iood to the base professional single cd player ? Id like to be able to scroll through albums genres etc without touching the ipod

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
rhubarb
Rep
Drives: F25_x3

No space saver wheel - u either spec runflats or have the mobility kit. Yes i-pod works fine with the basic stereo, there is a usb port in the centre armrest to plug it into.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
Poohbore
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: Mineral White F31 xDrive

Thats great thanks. Looks like ill buy a full size and keep it in the boot witha jack etc
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
rhubarb
Rep
Drives: F25_x3

up to you but i really wouldnt recommend that - u'll not have enough space for other stuff and then u have to secure it. i'd recommend to speak to ur local dealer about your concerns on the spare wheel
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubarb View Post
up to you but i really wouldnt recommend that - u'll not have enough space for other stuff and then u have to secure it. i'd recommend to speak to ur local dealer about your concerns on the spare wheel
Would disagree with this. We've been carrying a full size spare tied down in the back for over 18 months now without issue. The spare is tied down to mounting rails in the back which are conventiently space just the right distance apart. I've added a solid cover over it to give a flat surface for other stuff. Yes it takes up a fair amount of space but there is still enough space for luggage for the two of us for our long distance trips. Admittedly there's just to two of us now with the kids off our hands so our luggage requirements are probably not that much. Depends on people's individual circumstances.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #6
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbore View Post
Can you connect an iood to the base professional single cd player ? Id like to be able to scroll through albums genres etc without touching the ipod
I think you now get "Bluetooth hands-free with USB audio interface" as standard and the USB audio interface means you can plug in your iPod or any USB device with music on it and see the music on iDrive - also works for album artwork. Refer to the USB artwork thread

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
woodchuck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 X-drive 35i

There is an aftermarket space saver spare available. http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Perfor...T-F25-KIT.html
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
neelkc12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: x3

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
A close up picture please

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissim View Post
Would disagree with this. We've been carrying a full size spare tied down in the back for over 18 months now without issue. The spare is tied down to mounting rails in the back which are conventiently space just the right distance apart. I've added a solid cover over it to give a flat surface for other stuff. Yes it takes up a fair amount of space but there is still enough space for luggage for the two of us for our long distance trips. Admittedly there's just to two of us now with the kids off our hands so our luggage requirements are probably not that much. Depends on people's individual circumstances.

Tony
=============
A picture (zoomed) please.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
neelkc12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: x3

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Spare wheel on the roof!. Thoughts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck1 View Post
There is an aftermarket space saver spare available. http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Perfor...T-F25-KIT.html
----------
o.k I don't want my X3 to look cute anymore. Has anyone been thinking of across a non custom wheel cage to mount on the roof rails.

Some like this:

http://www.autoanything.com/roof-rac...fypd4aodffmatq
Attached Images

Appreciate 0