BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #2025
Nad
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer
Anybody got any deliveries confirmed for the weekend?! I'm hanging on the telephone for my dealer to call me
Getting mine on Saturday!!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #2026
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
Anybody got any deliveries confirmed for the weekend?! I'm hanging on the telephone for my dealer to call me
A week tomorrow for me to pick mine up...

Have fun, Nad. And please post photos
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #2027
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post
Check if the dealer can fit the USB as an optional extra? I dont know if I misread it, but do the US specc'ed cars come with a USB in the glovebox too?
Yep, got excited when saw the USB in the glovebox when reading the manual. Dashed out...just a blanked off panel where USB should be! Bugger, lol!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #2028
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post
Yep, got excited when saw the USB in the glovebox when reading the manual. Dashed out...just a blanked off panel where USB should be! Bugger, lol!
Oh thats a shame Do you get the Aux plug in if you do not have the USB option? It will atleast let you listen to songs from your phone even if you have to control the playlist from your phone.

Comparing the X3 options to the new 3 series and 5 series, am very surprised that both these models get Bluetooth with USB as standard and also have the Full Black Panel display as an option only for £115 extra (this is only available in the X3 if you order the Pro Nav)
Would defo have gone for the Black Panel display even if it was an optional extra
A bit annoyed but wouldn't have bought the 3 or 5 series over the X3.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #2029
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
A week tomorrow for me to pick mine up...

Have fun, Nad. And please post photos
Not sure that my dealer knows his @rse from his elbow... Expecting to collect a week today, but got a phonecall TODAY to say it is ready to collect TODAY!!!

How can they go from expecting it next week to having it today and ready for collection?

Unfortunately - with a 2 year old in tow - I need to work out when I can actually collect it (dealership not too keen on doing Saturdays...)

QT
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #2030
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

I guess until they being a slightly revised model out (a year or two), then there wont be an awful lot of changes.

But this is always the case (there are always new features coming out that the current generation has "missed the boat" for).

QT

Quote:
Oh thats a shame Do you get the Aux plug in if you do not have the USB option? It will atleast let you listen to songs from your phone even if you have to control the playlist from your phone.

Comparing the X3 options to the new 3 series and 5 series, am very surprised that both these models get Bluetooth with USB as standard and also have the Full Black Panel display as an option only for £115 extra (this is only available in the X3 if you order the Pro Nav)
Would defo have gone for the Black Panel display even if it was an optional extra
A bit annoyed but wouldn't have bought the 3 or 5 series over the X3.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #2031
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Not sure that my dealer knows his @rse from his elbow... Expecting to collect a week today, but got a phonecall TODAY to say it is ready to collect TODAY!!!

How can they go from expecting it next week to having it today and ready for collection?

Unfortunately - with a 2 year old in tow - I need to work out when I can actually collect it (dealership not too keen on doing Saturdays...)

QT
Oooops, correction: husband spoke to dealer (not me) and the car is now AT the dealers and not ready for collection. They would struggle to have it ready for the weekend, so will probably still collect next Thursday or possibly Tuesday....
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #2032
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Electrically Retracting Tow Bar and Reversing Camera

Thought it was neat, so I thought I would post a picture or two.
Attached Images

F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #2033
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 (Sept 2012) 525i (gone)

I understood from other posts that car are all prepd in Germany and forwarded further to dealers accross the continent (or to island in case of the UK)

Quote:
Oooops, correction: husband spoke to dealer (not me) and the car is now AT the dealers and not ready for collection. They would struggle to have it ready for the weekend, so will probably still collect next Thursday or possibly Tuesday....
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #2034
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney058 View Post
I understood from other posts that car are all prepd in Germany and forwarded further to dealers accross the continent (or to island in case of the UK)
Think it depends on the dealer...

Nice photos Horsey
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #2035
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Wow thats quite a long time to prep the car to be honest. My dealer had the car on Monday evening and I took delivery on Wednesday afternoon. So it seems your dealer is talking porkies !
Dont understand why they wouldnt be keen on Saturday delivery unless they have some sales event going on and want to concentrate on getting more business in ..

Defo try to get some freebies while they make you wait.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #2036
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Mine is in the country! Woo hoo. Should be with the dealer over the weekend. Now just need to arrange a day/time next week to pick her up
      06-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #2037
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Took this photo for a completely different reason, but its kinda fun ...

... maybe not at first glance.

But as I look at it past its purpose, to show the HUD, I like how the bonnet has subtly nosed its way into the picture and the way the water droplets rest on it … oh yes, and the reflection of the angel eyes.
Attached Images

F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #2038
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Quote:
Wow thats quite a long time to prep the car to be honest. My dealer had the car on Monday evening and I took delivery on Wednesday afternoon. So it seems your dealer is talking porkies !
Dont understand why they wouldnt be keen on Saturday delivery unless they have some sales event going on and want to concentrate on getting more business in ..

Defo try to get some freebies while they make you wait.
Dealers don't like Saturday handover due to possible problems with cleared funds and most banks being closed.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #2039
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

All those picking up their F25's this weekend - enjoy

And remember
      06-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #2040
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Why do we have this special thread for UK orders? Are there unique issues with UK orders? kidding.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #2041
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Why do we have this special thread for UK orders? Are there unique issues with UK orders? kidding.
Namely we pay lots more and it takes 6x as long to get one delivered
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #2042
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

See if this works - have tried to attach photo of my X3 (the CB one) in the dealership prep... Not a great photo: apparently husband took it through a hole in the fence (the dealer allowed him to do this)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #2043
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
See if this works - have tried to attach photo of my X3 (the CB one) in the dealership prep... Not a great photo: apparently husband took it through a hole in the fence (the dealer allowed him to do this)
This doesn't look like the right place to prep a new car.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #2044
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
This doesn't look like the right place to prep a new car.
Hopefully it is just "awaiting prep" there and is actually prepped inside. Since I am supposedly not picking the car up until Thursday ( ), they probably aren't in a rush to prep it...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #2045
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

QTPie....yours certainly seems to be dragging on!

Which dealer is that again?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #2046
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post
QTPie....yours certainly seems to be dragging on!

Which dealer is that again?
Bath. They got it this past Thursday. Husband went in yesterday to pay for it, but apparently they don't have any "slots" (to go through the paperwork and handover) before Thursday....

Shouldn't grumble too much: ordered mid-Feb, so 4.5 months for a 2.0D M Sport - not too bad.
Appreciate 0