BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Last chance to change my option list...

Hi guys, I'm on the last day before my order is set 'in stone'… I'm pondering the option list and wondering, having run out of nails to bite :-)
Here's the current list, on a x20d, manual, UK…

Sparkling Bronze, Mojave Red/Brown, Alu trim…

Options (most of them are from options packages, i.e. "Visibility", "Access" etc)
DAB (standard)
BMW Professional Radio with single CD (standard)
Bluetooth Handsfree with USB Audio Interface (standard)
Run Flats
Windscreen with grey shade band
Roof rails, matt alu (standard)
Panoramic glass sunroof
Ext Mirrors folding, auto dimming
Leather steering wheel w controls (standard)
Sunblinds, rear windows
Rear view mirror, auto dimming
Electric front seats, with memory
Lumbar support
Drive Performance Control (standard)
Auto air conditioning (standard)
Extended Interior Light Package (standard)
Alarm system (standard)
Park Distance Control (standard)
Foglights (standard)
Rain sensor with auto headlight activation
Xenons
Adaptive Headlights
High Beam Assistant
Comfort Access
Cruise control (standard)

Can you guys convince me (or not) to take the "xLine" alu exterior trimming, and the Top View camera? I'm self-acclaimed World Champion parallel parker, so I kinda sniff at the camera… however, my wife /definitely/ isn't..
As for the xLine highlights, I haven't seen it on the Sparking Bronze, so it's hard to decide…

Any opinion? Anything else should really not miss on?
      01-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Rear visibility when parking is poor. Keep the topview cameras.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Schmed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E70X5, F25X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
Rear visibility when parking is poor. Keep the topview cameras.
Although, if you use the side-view mirror tilt-down feature, it certainly helps avoid grinding that curb with your wheel.
      01-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
xodium
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
Although, if you use the side-view mirror tilt-down feature, it certainly helps avoid grinding that curb with your wheel.
That feature have saved my rims many times...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:08 AM   #5
Kiernan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition/911 GTS

Wouldn't bother with the top view camera myself as I don't really find the car difficult to park. If however, your other half isn't so confident, it might be a worthwhile investment.

The only 2 things that I'd recommend are:-

- Extended storage - If only for the cubby by the drivers knee and the map pockets on the back of the seats. Just seems a bit mean that it's not standard, but it's what we've come to expect from BMW.
- Heated seats - Wouldn't have a car with leather without these, so it's a box I'd always tick.

Other than that, looks like a nice specification. Obviously it will be mandatory to post pictures when it finally arrives.
      01-07-2013, 03:11 AM   #6
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

Get the winter pack, essential for the UK, those leather seats can be pretty cold on a morning !!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 04:17 AM   #7
gstyle333
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: F25 BMW X3 2.0d

My Opinion...

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Agree with a couple of comments especially heated seats (in the front as a minimum).

Talking about seats - I really prefer the sports seats, they give you much more 'lateral' support and imo are more comfortable.

Also - Extended storage is as close to a bargain as you get with BMW!

The brushed aluminium (internal) trim was imo much nicer than the standard trim.

Personally if there was one thing I would drop to make way for one of the above - it would be the sunblinds.

Great spec regardless and nice to see a SB on here - should go with the leather colour you have chosen really well.

Re. xLine, I seem to remember reading mixed reviews on the forum. At the day end its all personal preference though - and its your cash!
Good luck!

PS - I posted something similar to the OP and ended up adding the Xenon's and DAB to my order - but really glad I did!
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
+ Thanks for the tip about extended storage @am36 and @Kiernan, I think I'll definitely add that.

+ The sport seats were considered, but the seller mentioned it's fine if you are tall and thin -- if you have a wide back like mine (not fat, just wide) it's a lot less comfortable...

+ Heated seats at the front added to the list, will see how Mrs feels about it, I'm pretty insensitive to cold :-)

+ Thanks for the feedback about the top view, seems 1 vs 1 for it.. I'll see what the budget is like. Wouldn't mind the extra gadget, especially if 'xLine' is no longer on the list!

And yes @all, you bet I'll take pictures. Still about 7 weeks to go or so :-)

@am36 when will yours be delivered?
      01-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

@am36 when will yours be delivered?

Buze - Spoke to dealer this morning, car still at Thorne

Its been in the country since the 28th December, I could have walked to any port in the UK and picked it up

Expecting delivery to dealer "by the 10th", expecting pick up by Saturday which, to be fair, I was originally told the 15th Jan from day 1.

8 weeks from order (hopefully!).

Glad that you are honing right in on the spec. you want - don't delay in contacting your dealer 'cos they can accelerate through the process.
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #11
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Ok, Extended Storage and Top View Camera added to the order, to be confirmed tho, apparently it's due to get in production any time now...

Thanks for the input guys!
      01-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #12
Kiernan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition/911 GTS

Good to hear. I had the same thing as you; at the 11th hour I added the Winter Pack and Access Pack to the order, but they couldn't tell me immediately that it had been accepted by the system. Got a call the following day to confirm that it had been accepted. I'm sure you'll get the good news shortly - may have been a bit different if you were taking stuff off, but since you'll be spending even more money.....
      01-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

I only regret not getting the sports steering wheel for mine.
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I regret not getting the cameras but I wouldn't drop xline personally. You lose the BMW on the door sills (nice touch!) and I think the car looks cheaper without the trim on the windows but it's all subjective (like most options).

I also don't like the standard speakers so would always upgrade these - again, depends what's most important to you

Sports steering wheel and seats a must for me.

Disagree on sunblinds. You need them if you have kids and no problems at all with mine in combination with sun protection glass. 2 years of use now. They are also sooo much better than any heath robinson cloth or sucker job that you have to rustle up

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #15
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Well, the xLine bits I discussed with the dealer and even he agreed it wouldn't necessarily look better on the Sparkling Bronze.. So I pulled it.

For speakers, I'm not fancy in a car, it's impossible to bet good audio anyway, so I'm not bothered. I work in professional audio, with studio monitors on my desk, so a car is the last place I'd try to 'listen' in :-)

@Kiernan the dealer also said he'd confirm within a day for the option changes, we'll see! Possibly the time difference...
      01-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I regret not getting the cameras but I wouldn't drop xline personally. You lose the BMW on the door sills (nice touch!) and I think the car looks cheaper without the trim on the windows but it's all subjective (like most options).
Hmm I remember clearly the demo X3 I drove, and it definitely had the BMW on the door sills (at the back at least), without having the xLine..

How can that be?
      01-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Hmm I remember clearly the demo X3 I drove, and it definitely had the BMW on the door sills (at the back at least), without having the xLine..

How can that be?
They may have changed the standard spec but that was definitely part of xline back in 2010. From memory it's titanium-look front and rear bumpers, window sills, trim along the bottom on the sides and BMW door sills

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #18
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
They may have changed the standard spec but that was definitely part of xline back in 2010. From memory it's titanium-look front and rear bumpers, window sills, trim along the bottom on the sides and BMW door sills
Seller confirmed that this year's X3 definitely comes with BMW sills...

And on a side note, he confirmed my new options are in, and the car gets in prod this week for delivery second week of march.

W000t :-)
      01-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #19
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Seller confirmed that this year's X3 definitely comes with BMW sills...

And on a side note, he confirmed my new options are in, and the car gets in prod this week for delivery second week of march.

W000t :-)
Nice one The long wait is nearly over.

So now you get free DAB, free BMW door sills, what else are they giving away that I paid for ...

Remember to post some pics of your SB because there aren't that many about. I think they look really good in the sun (they sparkle!)

Appreciate 0