BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
obtix
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 28i

Finally got my X3 - and now the just a few questions post...

1. Very annoying, the car seems to randomly show the guidance arrow in the center console. When I use the voice control and say stop guidance it says that it is already stopped but the arrow stays. To get rid of it I need to set a new destination and then stop the guidance.

2. I know there was a post about the traffic show on the live map that I read. Do I need to select the gray map to see real time traffic (it's very ugly)?

3. Most annoying. I have a 120GB iPod classic that in my old car I would keep on song shuffle. I used the button on my old cars steering wheel to jump tracks and get a nice random surprise. In this car it I noticed a few things... (a) if I select all songs and hit random they will play in random order but when I use the jog dial they still show in alphabetical (b) I can only use the jump track button in the center console to jump to a random track (c) random seems to not remember I selected it.

With this I noticed a small trick that if I set the iPod up to shuffle then plug it in, it works but then the jog dial only shows the current playing track but the skip buttons seem to work right.

4. Also audio related - there is no volume gauge. I know I hear it or I don't but I like to see volume level 1 or 5 or 20 just so I know where I am. Come in handy with some older tracks.

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
obtix
Private
Rep

One more thing - I have a Motorola Atrix and the address book downloaded but a name like Jim Smith says Jim S or Elizabeth says Elizabe. I can manually edit them but it seems like a char limit (but not all the same number).
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
bmw>audi
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3

Did you try to track your shipping progress via the 1800 number? My status has been stuck at the awaiting shipping vessel for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
obtix
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw>audi View Post
Did you try to track your shipping progress via the 1800 number? My status has been stuck at the awaiting shipping vessel for a long time.
Via the website, worked fine. Was in transport for barely two days.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
calagod
Green Light
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11/11 X3 20d MPack Carbonblack

Hi,

I agree with your points 1-4

I have the same (unpleasend) effect as described under point 1 - no solution found yet
Yes - if you want the RTTY function - you only can use the "grey" map
On my Ipod 8GB is the same, because I like as well to use the random function
It dont buggers me - bot there is no sound-volume indication shown by the display.

Your Motorola problem is not known to me - with Iphone 3GS and 4 it seems to work fine at least in this matter.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
bren
user
Rep
Drives: German Camaro

You can't change the center display using the button on the end of the turn signal stalk?

I thought the manual stated that traffic will show on the regular map depending on zoom level?

I have not seen any issue with truncated characters with either a Droid X or Razr. Sounds like something maybe in your phone/address book settings (?)
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
obtix
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
You can't change the center display using the button on the end of the turn signal stalk?
I can but after a few seconds its back to the arrow.
Quote:
I thought the manual stated that traffic will show on the regular map depending on zoom level?
Does it show triangles or color? I usually keep it zoomed in pretty close.
Quote:
I have not seen any issue with truncated characters with either a Droid X or Razr. Sounds like something maybe in your phone/address book settings (?)
Nothing in the phone.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
bren
user
Rep
Drives: German Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by obtix View Post
I can but after a few seconds its back to the arrow.

Does it show triangles or color? I usually keep it zoomed in pretty close.

Nothing in the phone.
The arrow thing sounds annoying.

I don't know about the traffic, would have to read the book again.

Both of our phones show up (Last Name, First).
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

It shows triangles and badges on the regular map. Triangles disappear as you zoom out and the badges get closer together.

Re the arrow display, search the forum. Some folks have programmed one of the memory buttons to toggle it off. I've been just canceling navigation shortly before arriving at the destination and it eliminates the problem -- clearly not as nice as it working correctly, but it's a relatively easy fix that works.
      01-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
It shows triangles and badges on the regular map. Triangles disappear as you zoom out and the badges get closer together.

Re the arrow display, search the forum. Some folks have programmed one of the memory buttons to toggle it off. I've been just canceling navigation shortly before arriving at the destination and it eliminates the problem -- clearly not as nice as it working correctly, but it's a relatively easy fix that works.
As Nahoa has said, the annoying arrow bug can be worked around by programming a button to the Nav Stop/Start command (stop and start is the same command like an on/off switch). Then you just press it twice to start and stop and the arrow goes away

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0