BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Throttle Lag?

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys have experienced any throttle lag on the new X3 or if BMW is known for having lag. On two of my old MBs the car would lag for a few seconds when pressing on the gas pedal and would sort of "think" for a bit before accelerating and is very noticeable when trying to move from a complete stop or reverse. Unfortunately I wasn't paying much attention during the test drive so I don't remember noticing anything weird.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

I didn't notice any on the demo/test drive.

You could go back and demo it again, though, right?

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys have experienced any throttle lag on the new X3 or if BMW is known for having lag. On two of my old MBs the car would lag for a few seconds when pressing on the gas pedal and would sort of "think" for a bit before accelerating and is very noticeable when trying to move from a complete stop or reverse. Unfortunately I wasn't paying much attention during the test drive so I don't remember noticing anything weird.
When in the "Normal" mode, the X3 (at least my 35i) does not have an overly aggressive throttle tip-in. You need to move the pedal a little to get the engine to rev. However, that is certainly not "throttle lag". If you move the pedal appropriately, the engine response is immediate.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

No lag. Can induce it by backing off throttle position as you might in some other cars to smooth take off and first (auto) gear shift. Here, steady application provides satisfying results whether gradual or aggressive. Smooth is fast rings true.
      03-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thanks guys, no lag is certainly a relief since I've already ordered my car. Even if there was lag it certainly isn't a deal breaker but it's still good to know.
Appreciate 0