BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #1
paba
paba
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 320 Sport

Smile Combox solution by Bimmer-Tech

I recently bought a 2012 X3 which the stupid dealer (I’m being polite here!!) had fitted with a cheap bluetooth module giving me a limited telephone facility with awful sound. Also, the car only had an Aux out meaning my favourite pastime in the car - listening to my iPhone, mainly audio books - was limited with no steering wheel controls - a very dangerous option when driving. So I set out to find a worthwhile alternative and searched forums for possible options. My dealer failed dismally (he didn't want to know really!!) to offer a solution but before long I found many positive references to Patryk at Bimmer-Tech offering possible retrofit options. Patryk quickly advised that fitting his "Combox PnP" was an option having forwarded him my VIN number. I was also completely reassured by all of the positive comments which I read on XBimmers and other forums about his service. Having just fitted the combox and USB outlet and Bluetooth I now have superb telephone quality and full control over my iPhone including album-art on my screen. But it was the commitment and effort of Patryk and his "men" via Skpe in coding my system using my computer as a bridge to the car’s system which surpassed everything. They spent hours helping to overcome technical problems - I was unaware I had blown a fuse in removing the iDrive controller and therefore, initially, I couldn’t get power to my system and then followed many hours of effort and great patience by Patryk in uncovering how the car's wiring (especially the fibre-optic connections) had been interfered with when the original aftermarket system was installed. And this was done with Patryk, who is located in Poland and me in Ireland - the wonders of modern communication. So. all corrected and coding completed I am now delighted with my telephone and entertainment system. It has brought my X3 up to the spec I would wish for, thanks to XBimmers and Patryk (and his men).http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif
Appreciate 0