BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
denNorske
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2005, 2.0d 148hp

Garage List
2005 BMW X3  [0.00]
Question Left front speaker - suddenly no sound?

Hello everyone!

I'm a brand new x3 owner (2005 model), and so far I'm loving the experience having such a great car. It feels safe to drive, and it's so much more silent than my previous Chrysler Grand Voyager 1999 mod.

Let me get to the problem, I've had this car for about 3 weeks, and I've been driving it few days a week. Suddenly, last Sunday I noticed some unbalanced sound, and started checking my settings on the stereo - and it turns out that the speaker on my door doesn't work. Balancing all the sound to the left, only plays music behind me in the back.

What can be the cause of this? I know pretty surely that it hasn't been blown, as I'm never playing so loudly. My initial thought is it could be a few wires.
What can I do to go ahead and get this checked? If i'm not mistaken, is there a box behind in the car that could have been worn out? (I think it's called an amp., not sure)

Thanks for your replies-
S
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 02:32 AM   #2
denNorske
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2005, 2.0d 148hp

Garage List
2005 BMW X3  [0.00]
I figured it out.

The power cable (2 pin connector) had bumped out and that's why it didn't work. Unscrewing all the screws on the driver side door allowed me to get a little room to just get it back in.

Fixed now
Appreciate 0