BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-22-2014, 04:23 AM   #67
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 LCI 2.0d X-Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianlad View Post
No I didn't ! Think I posted it on the uk lead times thread. Initially was asked if I'd take the 605s rather than the 607s I had ordered. Didn't really want them so said I would either take 608s FOC, wait for the 607s or put my own winter wheels onto the car if they could get the car to the dealer and they could then give me the 607s later. BMW came back with the 608 option. Did threaten to cancel and go get a Q5, but don''t think that would have made much difference! Dealer does have another xline ordered before mine with the same problem, however BMW have basically said they will have to wait for 607s or cancel order. Difference is that theirs is a cash deal, mines PCP. Don't ask me why the difference.
So you may find their response depends on how the car is financed. Don't agree that there should be a difference, but that is the way it seems to be. Doesn't seem right that you can place a specific order for a specified delivery date for it then to be significantly changed without some sort of compensation.
Sorry I missed that in the threads (wasn't insinuating anything just that i thought I was following threads attentively so hope i didn't cause offence) but glad you got that outcome if you are happy with it. I think I would be happy with 608's if 607's not available. I am not sure if to raise the query as I have heard nothing of problem from my broker. It is a leasing deal so
not sure if they would be in their rights to just say cancel or put up with the 605 forced choice, which although look good aren't quite what i wanted.

How hard can it be to make some more wheels!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 04:32 AM   #68
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

FYI Gazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianlad View Post
They have to something I was prepared to accept. I wasn't keen on the 605 so rejected that option, offered to have my winter wheels on the new car if they could get the car to the dealer which would have given them to next March to come up with a set of 607s, however that wasn't possible (that would have been my preference, but didn't really expect that it would be feasible). said that I would take the 608, but wasn't prepared to pay the £800 excess for that option, or would have to wait for 607s to become available. Weren't able to tell me when production would be until the change was made on my order. They offered me the 608s FOC, so have accepted that option. Car now in production for delivery week 52, so that's best part of four months after I was expecting delivery.
Apparently someone in a similar predicament for an Xline ordered a month before mine won't get my solution as they are a cash deal (mine's not). they would have to wait, pay extra or tear up their deal!
Sorry I missed this ... Gazza surely this is precedent to help you deal with Broker/BMW
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 05:30 AM   #69
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Sorry I missed this ... Gazza surely this is precedent to help you deal with Broker/BMW
Thanks for this, still wating for them to call me but have some ammo to throw back !
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 05:37 AM   #70
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
Thanks for this, still wating for them to call me but have some ammo to throw back !
Good luck

If you had known what I know - would you have proactively contacted the broker or see what happens a deal with consequences with car in hand - not sure when you have the greater leverage to get a good solution?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #71
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

No offence taken Bounderboy. Think it is all a minefield anyway! Doesn't seem to be any consistency anyway. Hope you get to the solution that your happy with.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #72
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Gutted - BMW have done the switcheroo on me and I or my broker would have been in the dark till it arrived too. See UK Delivery thread ..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:14 AM   #73
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Latest update is that the dealer has offered me £350 in compensation.

Told them to stick it - will be taking this up with BMW directly now.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #74
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzer666 View Post
Latest update is that the dealer has offered me £350 in compensation.

Told them to stick it - will be taking this up with BMW directly now.
Been offered a day of golf so think you are winning!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #75
bounderboy
Private First Class
Rep

All gone ominously quiet at my end on offers of compo...

Told them I wanted something for the car that can be dealer fit that would make it special.. I would really like the internet connected features being a gadget freak but I don't think you can have this with the standard Business Nav setup - however it is far from clear on the website what you do need.. to me anyway..
Appreciate 0