BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-21-2022, 12:12 PM   #1
kh0619
Rep
Drives: 328i

My BMW App

I had assumed the My BMW app remote services was free for users but recently all functionality was removed from my app and it seems like it's $120 per year subscription to be able to lock/unlock my vehicle, flash lights/beep horn, and ventilate. Is that right? That seems like an absurd cost for these things and I had never purchased the subscription before.

Are these services only included for the first few years and you must subscribe after that? It appears I don't have real time traffic information included anymore either, which I'd also assumed would be lifetime with the navigation package. Does anyone have any information on this?

Vehicle is 2017 X3
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 03:48 PM   #2
okayr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i

You are correct, it's an outrageous yearly subscription to do mainly nothing. RTTI is also a separate charge. You can have RTTI without ConnectedDrive services and vice versa. Not sure what the free period was in 2017, it sounds like probably 5 years but I had 10 years free. However, I got it 'taken away' with 3G phasing out.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 12:58 AM   #3
pole1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25 & BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh0619 View Post
I had assumed the My BMW app remote services was free for users but recently all functionality was removed from my app and it seems like it's $120 per year subscription to be able to lock/unlock my vehicle, flash lights/beep horn, and ventilate. Is that right? That seems like an absurd cost for these things and I had never purchased the subscription before.

Are these services only included for the first few years and you must subscribe after that? It appears I don't have real time traffic information included anymore either, which I'd also assumed would be lifetime with the navigation package. Does anyone have any information on this?

Vehicle is 2017 X3
what?? let me check my app to see if those snakes have removed my remote functions.

edit: so I still have them active, just checked, look.
Attached Images

Last edited by pole1980; 10-22-2022 at 12:59 AM.. Reason: app check
Appreciate 0