BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

BMW Assist Convenience and BMW online

I am going back and forth on getting the BMW assist convenience in my X3. It seems like it would be cool for the google search feature, which would mean I could search for any destination, not just ones preloaded into the nav system. THe concierge services seem cool, but I don't know how often I would use them or if there is a limit to how many times I can use them.
The BMW online app seems cool, but I don't have much use to know stock quotes while I am driving. If they had sports scores, that would be awesome.

My question is this: Has anyone paid the extra 200 bucks per year to use these services? Are they worth it? I just gave BMW a ton of my money, I don't want to throw more at them unnecessarily.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
colson79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i DSB

I considered it but I didn't feel it was worth the $200 a year. I figured I'd play around with it for a little while, then I probably would it use it much.
      12-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Re. sports, you can add custom RSS feeds now (they appear under Applications). Do you still get a SIM in the car if you don't pay the extra $200? The most valuable thing is the ability to send destinations to the car from Google and from the My BMW Remote app. Worth it for this alone

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Re. sports, you can add custom RSS feeds now (they appear under Applications). Do you still get a SIM in the car if you don't pay the extra $200? The most valuable thing is the ability to send destinations to the car from Google and from the My BMW Remote app. Worth it for this alone
Even if you don't pay $200 annual fee, send destinations to car from Google Maps or My Remote App is free.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:51 AM   #5
MikeBimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

I bought it, I like it, I use it. Online search is very useful in this metro area - integrates well with the car. If I didn't just move here I would not have gotten it but it has been a lifesaver. Not quite an iPhone interface but safer to use. Plus it's fun to play with in a traffic jam. I've never used the concierge service.