BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

X3M vs Audi SQ5 vs Porsche Cajun

obviously the X3M has the most potential if given the future M3 engine, BUT the Audi SQ5 with the S4 engine will be a really nice combo, nicer than a 35i but probably not as fast as a full blown X3M. The Porsche Cajun is the wild card here, especially if it has a 400hp engine option (Cayenne S engine).

of course it will be late 2012 or maybe spring/summer 2013 before all three of these show up. I am just excited about the option to choose between 3 extremely sporty small SUVs, never before have we had options like this.

Of course the Cajun is still a total secret and although it is said to be based on the Q5 platform rumors are it will be more Tiguan in size which means its more of a X1 or future Q3 competitor.

I am interested to hear other people's thoughts on these future cars, of course expecting bias toward the X3M being that we are on bimmerpost.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
nonagon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne GTS

I read somewhere that the Cajun will, at least initially, be released as a three door version built on the (tiny) Q3 platform. If they made it in the more practical size of a Q5/X3, more of us would be looking at a serious contender for our money when it comes out.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonagon View Post
I read somewhere that the Cajun will, at least initially, be released as a three door version built on the (tiny) Q3 platform. If they made it in the more practical size of a Q5/X3, more of us would be looking at a serious contender for our money when it comes out.
well I never viewed the Cayanne as the same size as the X5, it might be but just always felt smaller inside to me, like inbetween a X3 and X5. Maybe the Cajun will be inbetween a X1 and X3 (if that is possible).

3 door version? really? is the Land Rover 3 door really getting that many pre-orders? I just don't see the point in a Coupe SUV? Are there really that many people that want the size of an SUV but only 2 doors? I really hope BMW doesn't make one. I like the X6 and X4 ideas but those still have 4 doors.

Anyway I think BMW is coming out with the X3M not just to put down the Audi SQ5 (doubt we will see the RSQ5 in teh states, we never see those) but they also plan on taking out a Cajun 400 HP variant with it. Who knows maybe Mercedes is planning a GLK AMG as well, but that would be horrible, that car needs so much more improvement than AMG can provide.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
nonagon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne GTS

Here's one article. It appears it will be a Q5 based three door at launch time.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/03...aid-to-be.html
Appreciate 0