BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
P1Fanatic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 30d M-Sport Alpine White

F25 X3 Passenger Airbag Deactivation

As I look through the UK approved used X3 I see a lot that specify under options that the front passenger airbag is deactivated. I assume this is due to the owner using a baby seat. I queried with my local dealer if it’s easy to reactivate it and apparently there is a switch on the front passenger door opening. Can people confirm that is the case - if it’s that easy to turn off/on why would it be listed as an option?

If its not something that can be reactivated then I wouldn't want to buy one that has had it deactivated.

Thanks

Simon
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
Buzzman
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F26 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
As I look through the UK approved used X3 I see a lot that specify under options that the front passenger airbag is deactivated. I assume this is due to the owner using a baby seat. I queried with my local dealer if its easy to reactivate it and apparently there is a switch on the front passenger door opening. Can people confirm that is the case - if its that easy to turn off/on why would it be listed as an option?

If its not something that can be reactivated then I wouldn't want to buy one that has had it deactivated.

Thanks

Simon
I am not sure if there is a difference in the UK, but for Canadian models, this is an automated process based on weight. It will detect if a kid/baby is in the front seat or if an adult is there.
2007 E92 Space Grey - Retired
Appreciate 0