BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-15-2015, 06:29 PM   #23
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
When I first saw the pics I thought it was much better looking than the X3. Then I saw the vids and unless that model with the surfboard (twat) is 7'2" it's actually quite a low car and subsequently a small car?
I think it is better looking than the old X1 being phased out, but like you I get the impression that it is a small/medium sized vehicle and as such is aimed at a different market than the current X3.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 05:03 PM   #24
kevink1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xDrive28d

A year ago when I was looking, I was comparing the 3 series wagon, the X3, and looked at the X1. Though I never test drove it.

The X1 was comparable in size to the wagon, a little taller, lower priced, and had somewhat more dated electronics such as the iDrive and some other options. The electronics and no diesel option pretty much eliminated it as a choice for me.

The new one would have updated electronics. But being on a different platform now (front wheel drive biased) probably affects handling, and would require test drives to see how it handles. Maybe, if it is bigger than the previous model, it would have enough space for what I wanted in my current car.

Since I've only had mine for a year, I am NOT in the market I am just hopeful that it is reliable enough that I will want to keep it for at least 7 years. At least 2 years after I pay off my loan.

With the pay cut I've had to take this year, I can't just buy cars every couple years.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 04:20 AM   #25
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

I do not know if any of our readers here have looked at the seats in the new X1! They appear to be the same as fitted to the Active Tourer.

They are slimmer in construction and smaller over all. Perhaps to save weight and also give that little extra room. I have sat in the Active Tourer several times and I am not pleased with what they feel like. There are comments by people who own the Active Tourer that they are not as comfortable as the the previous X1 and nowhere near as substantial as the current X3.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 03:14 PM   #26
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
I do not know if any of our readers here have looked at the seats in the new X1! They appear to be the same as fitted to the Active Tourer.

They are slimmer in construction and smaller over all. Perhaps to save weight and also give that little extra room. I have sat in the Active Tourer several times and I am not pleased with what they feel like. There are comments by people who own the Active Tourer that they are not as comfortable as the the previous X1 and nowhere near as substantial as the current X3.
Interesting, but they look nicer to X3, didn't realize the cons.
Appreciate 0