BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #1
WackyWRZ
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 28d

Looking to upgrade amp - Match7 vs new Bavsound

Hey all,

I've been wanting to upgrade the amp in my '15 F25 with HiFi sound for a while but have been holding out on the new Bavsound PRO amp to come out. Also been trying to find a deal on a used one, but keep striking out. I'm stuck between grabbing a Match7 BMW or preordering the new Bavsound since it looks to be pretty beefy. For the time being, the only speaker upgrade I might do is earthquakes under the seats, but probably won't mess with the door speakers. Considering the Match and the Bavsound are about the same price (preorder), but the Bavsound looks to have a lot more power overall (except the Match seems to have more SW power) what would be the suggestion? The only thing concerning is the Bavsound is going to also have locked EQ again which really is frustrating, but I don't know if I'd really plan to mess with that either...

Last edited by WackyWRZ; 04-30-2021 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 04:56 PM   #2
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Bavsound amp: so it is a DSP amplifier but user cannot modify/custom tune the unit, is that correct?

That seems a bit odd.

I've got an older BimmerTech amp in my X3 (made by Audiotech Fischer) and it was not difficult to for me to "tune" to my ears liking- I did work off an X3 tune tune file supplied by BimmerTech.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #3
WackyWRZ
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 28d

Correct. From what I have read, Bavsound locks out the tune on all of their amps - you get what they give you. Their previous amp was also made by Audiotech Fischer (similar to the BimmerTech) and the new one looks to be a rebranded ARC Audio DSP amp (PS8-50 looks very similar).

From what I read - the MatchUP 7BMW (also made by Audiotech) is basically an "upgraded" version that gives 5x65W + 2x160W to the underseat subwoofers instead of the 8x55W of the previous version.

It sounds like I should probably go with the Match7 here especially with the locked out tuning if it's not hard to mess with.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #4
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Tuning is not difficult, depends a bit on how much you want to fiddle with it. I tweaked the BimmerTech X3 tune file by ear, it was not difficult. Since I drive solo most of the time I time-aligned the speakers to zero in in my driver seat position, it's nice to have that option, and ability to tweak to your liking.

Think you can't go wrong with Match Up amp, excellent quality products from Fischer.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 02:33 AM   #5
330dm
Rep
Drives: E46 330d, Z3 2.2, X3 35d

No brainer. Match, Plug&Play. I didn't even feel the need anymore to replace any speakers. I own a '14 X3 (LCI) with the HiFi option. Software for configuring needs some getting used to, but definitely useful.
Appreciate 0