BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #23
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by periwinkle View Post
Well, I spoke with the dealership again. They confirmed I am one of a handful of X3 3.5 orders hanging out there with no production number. They're concerned about it and will let me know when it is issued. Hoping for a June production now.
I can't believe you ordered a month ago and the dealer has no available slots for you. They should have told you that up front and they should also know when their first allocation slot is available for build. I would seriously consider calling other dealers in your area and see if they have production slots available. I think you have been strung along. JMO, of course!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #24
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Interesting. When I ordered, everything they said indicated I'd get one pretty quickly. I had shopped at the Bellevue dealership in January, where they told me there were long waits for x3s. Because of that (and because I didn't like the Bellevue dealership's response to a problem after buying an X5 off the lot last year), I went to Seattle for this order.

They said they're hoping to get some allocations soon. We'll see....
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #25
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Interesting. When I ordered, everything they said indicated I'd get one pretty quickly. I had shopped at the Bellevue dealership in January, where they told me there were long waits for x3s. Because of that (and because I didn't like the Bellevue dealership's response to a problem after buying an X5 off the lot last year), I went to Seattle for this order.

I just re-read your original post and in it you said they told you that you had a May build. Knowing this, they lied to you up front. They couldn't have told you a May production unless they had a build slot for it. Being that you still don't have a production number means they never placed the order because they have no allocated slots left. I would take your business elsewhere and get a confirmed production date. I would be seriously disgusted if it were me!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #26
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

I've been wanting this car since I first drove an X5 at a BMW autocross event in 2000 or 2001. A loaded X5 has remained out of my price range. As frustrating as it is, I've waited 10 years, so I can wait another month.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #27
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
You are a very patient person periwinkle. Let us know how it all turns out and what build week you end up with.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #28
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks, WTT! This forum has been incredibly helpful so far! I appreciate everyone's comments.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #29
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks to your information, I finally asked "the right question" and learned for the first time that the dealership did not have any production slots available when I ordered and haven't gotten any new ones since. I am number 2 in line. Next time I will know to ask that question up front - but definitely agree they should have told me that instead of telling me on two different occasions (at time of order and several weeks after) that I'd have a May build.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #30
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks to your information, I finally asked "the right question" and learned for the first time that the dealership did not have any production slots available when I ordered and haven't gotten any new ones since. I am number 2 in line. Next time I will know to ask that question up front - but definitely agree they should have told me that instead of telling me on two different occasions (at time of order and several weeks after) that I'd have a May build.
What's scary about what you just said is that my dealer even knows his June slots so if your's is telling you that you are second in line and they don't have any slots coming up, they may not be putting in your order until July or after! Did you know that you can ask them to call other dealers to see if they can trade for an earlier slot? They should know how far out their next build slot is. They are allocated so many for each month. As they get filled, they move out to the next month for placing an order. It really does sound like they are not being very honest with you.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #31
gareth12468
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 28i

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
What's scary about what you just said is that my dealer even knows his June slots so if your's is telling you that you are second in line and they don't have any slots coming up, they may not be putting in your order until July or after! Did you know that you can ask them to call other dealers to see if they can trade for an earlier slot? They should know how far out their next build slot is. They are allocated so many for each month. As they get filled, they move out to the next month for placing an order. It really does sound like they are not being very honest with you.
When I order mine in March, my dealer even shows me how many slots he has for April and May on his computer.....
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #32
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
Sabian, I called Friday night and had your same message. I called today expecting the same message and low and behold it had changed to in production!!! Even the website changed to "in production". I was so excited! Bet it won't be long now for you either! Keep us posted!
Hey thanks WTT, I still don't have a production date. I called the 1-800 number and I emailed my CA... The CA has not responded to any emails really since I placed my order... funny how he'd always get back to me in less that 5 mins before my order.

Anyway I do have a production number and my status online is still "on order" I hope that means I have a production slot coming soon. I do remember the CA saying something about he had 3 slots left about a week before I ordered, but those might have gone by the time I ordered, I don't know...

He did say it would be about 7-8 weeks before the vehicle would arrive... If that is true, I don't know when it would have to be built to get it here in that timeframe. We are afterall in the Seattle area too so that is about the furthest distance from the plant they have to ship the thing in the US outside of Alaska or Hawaii.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #33
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Wow, this just keeps looking worse and worse for my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #34
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Hey I know what you mean about Bellevue... I too almost didn't even order this car at all because of that place... posted about that in another thread but anyway I did end up doing most of my business thru emailing the CA rather than going in there... I was going to hold out for maybe diesel, i4 turbo or next years model but got a decent price through email so went for it!

I hope you can get a production number soon. Looks like you are being patient... I just recently read either someone's post or saw a video on youtube where someone just got there X3 in Europe somewhere... long wait, but they posted it was well worth it!!

Good luck and keep us posted on the status
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #35
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow, this just keeps looking worse and worse for my dealer.
Hey hang in there... I may be in the same boat.. not sure yet. I do have a production number but no production date listed anywhere on my print out.
My CA has not returned any of my emails, I guess I'll have to call him or go in there to try to find out what is up. Seems strange he can't answer my question about the production date... makes me feel there may be a delay or something.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #36
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Mine said they're seeing delays on 3.5s and they've talked to other dealerships seeing that too. But from what I've seen on this forum people who ordered 3.5s generally are getting them built, so I'm choosing not to believe that part.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #37
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Mine said they're seeing delays on 3.5s and they've talked to other dealerships seeing that too. But from what I've seen on this forum people who ordered 3.5s generally are getting them built, so I'm choosing not to believe that part.
I think those 35i's that are getting built are only those from dealers who have available allocations. It's all about that. If dealer has a slot available, the build is a few weeks. If no slot, the delivery date can be months out. Huge demand, only a dealer with a prod. slot will be able to deliver in the near future. Peri's dealer obviously does not have a prod slot available and can't tell when one will be available. Frustrating, for sure.
      05-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #38
guitarpath
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 35i

Quote:
Good call on your part to not believe that from your dealer. I ordered a 3.5 on 4/23 and it started in production today (5/2). It is all about the dealer getting a slot.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #39
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

I'm about to start shopping for dealers if they don't start being more honest with me. I wouldn't mind taking a trip to go pick up a car somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #40
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
I think those 35i's that are getting built are only those from dealers who have available allocations. It's all about that. If dealer has a slot available, the build is a few weeks. If no slot, the delivery date can be months out. Huge demand, only a dealer with a prod. slot will be able to deliver in the near future. Peri's dealer obviously does not have a prod slot available and can't tell when one will be available. Frustrating, for sure.
      05-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #41
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hmm... This just makes me wonder if I have a slot or not. I ordered on 4/18 but still no production date yet. The status on the print out I got from the dealer the day I ordered is 112 and I do have a production number; however there is no prod date mentioned and so far when I call it says no prod date confirmed yet... seems wierd others who ordered on the 18th or after that had a slot are already scheduled.

Yeah Periwinkle if you don't have even a prod number, then maybe you should check out NW or Bellevue and see if they have any slots. I'll call my CA tomorrow since he's not responding to emails for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #42
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Hmm... This just makes me wonder if I have a slot or not. I ordered on 4/18 but still no production date yet. The status on the print out I got from the dealer the day I ordered is 112 and I do have a production number; however there is no prod date mentioned and so far when I call it says no prod date confirmed yet... seems wierd others who ordered on the 18th or after that had a slot are already scheduled.

Yeah Periwinkle if you don't have even a prod number, then maybe you should check out NW or Bellevue and see if they have any slots. I'll call my CA tomorrow since he's not responding to emails for some reason.
Sabian, go above your CA and ask to speak directly to the Sales Manager. He has all the info you need and can also tell you what build week you are slotted for. Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #43
ItsAlwaysSunnyInSeattle
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Quote:
I'm about to start shopping for dealers if they don't start being more honest with me. I wouldn't mind taking a trip to go pick up a car somewhere else.
I went down to fife to order mine, but I haven't heard anything back yet from my CA. But he did tell me that it would probably be a day or two. I figure, I'll send him an email tomorrow morning and see what comes of that. I personally wouldn't go back to Bellevue, that dealer treated me and my wife terribly. But we'll see if BMW Northwest is any better than the Seattle dealer in the next day or so.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #44
periwinkle
Enlisted Member
Rep

Today's news is that I'm waiting for a possible July build slot. I am going to stay positive about this as long as I start getting good information from the dealer. Keep us posted, all!
Appreciate 0