BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
jcmbmw
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 XLine

BMW Assist/Apps issues

Hey all - I just got a 2017 Xline, HUD, Tech Pkg, etc. It appears that my Connected Drive is not fully activated and wanted your input before my dealer appt.

I believe I should be able to sync with calendar, and have other Office functionality. The only thing I can do with my setup is stream audio via BT, receive text alerts and do lock/unlock/horn/lights from the Connected App.

I CANNOT send destinations from app to X3 successfully. I called BMW and they tried running me through some reset options with no avail. When I get to "Update BMW Assist" on my iDrive it is grayed out and I cannot do it. BMW says dealer should be able to.

So my question is, I believe I should have BMW Online with this setup with weather, traffic, FB, Twitter, etc, no? I am activated on the website with all remote services, traffic, etc good for another year.

Looking for your insights/tips/ideas. I'm 3 weeks into BMW and am pretty green.

I did do some successful coding so I've got that going for me.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0