BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Closed Thread

02-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #23
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I quite like the look of the 5 series touring but much prefer the new X3. It's fresh and different and the 5 series touring is boring IMO.

I also needed the higher driving position for my back and it also makes things easier with getting the baby in and out, and the pram etc in the boot because of the height that things are at.

It's a valid argument to consider the touring I suppose. I won't need the four wheel drive much in the mild south east UK winters, but the 5 series touring was never even considered in my case. I'd sooner buy a new VW Passat estate if I was going to buy an estate.

I don't like the look of the A6 or A4 Avant either (sorry!)
You would spend £40k on a Passat!!!!.....and you think this looks boring!!! (which is exactly as I have ordered) then fair enough....I think maybe you should have considered the 5 but as you say you don't like estates and you need/like the high driving position.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #24
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

No, I would spend less than £30k on a fully loaded new shape Passat Estate and pocket the difference. It looks better than the 5 series because it actually looks like an estate car not a misshaped saloon.

Each to their own but thinking the 5 series estate is good looking smacks of the Emperor's New Clothes

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #25
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
No, I would spend less than £30k on a fully loaded new shape Passat Estate and pocket the difference. It looks better than the 5 series because it actually looks like an estate car not a misshaped saloon.

Each to their own but thinking the 5 series estate is good looking smacks of the Emperor's New Clothes
LOL....like it!! I suppose thats what makes the world go round....you like the SAV mummy truck look and I like the 'boring' executive estate look.

From summarising most of these posts it does appear to me that beyond everything else it seems to be the 'heart' ruling the head when deciding to buy an X3 over a 5 touring....for sure it has 4wd,higher driving position etc and it looks a bit 'trendy' (if you like that sort of thing) but for the most part it seems Joy really has got hold of your balls and castrated you all and you have chosen a GIRLS car!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #26
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Don't you have a boring executive touring forum that should be posting on? Then you can pretend that people actually like you

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #27
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

More a head choice I would say as I think the residuals will be a bit better on the X3.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #28
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970Jon View Post
Ok....you don't like estates as you say each to their own but you cannot really compare an F10 to an F25!
Sorry I meant we had a F11 in fleet

Why cant you compare the F10 to a F25? They are in the same price range so I would expect many to compare

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #29
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
Its a matter of preference. Should not be posting here if X3 is not your cup of tea. Should really post in the F10 5 Series touring forum.)
+1

We could go all day posting on other forums about our opinion on cars we have no intention of driving - but why

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread