BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-31-2023, 04:32 PM   #1
KevinD.Bonds
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2013 x28i

Pre-LCI to LCI headlight conversion?

I drive a 2013 Bmw X3,

I bought an LCI Msport bumper thinking it was going to fit on like whatever.

Found out the headlight shape is different. I’m wondering if there’s a way to just change out the headlight housing/box to the new one and transfer over all of the electronics to the box. I’ve got the xenon headlights and id like to keep those then just wire those into the new headlight shape.

I’ve read to hook up the LCI headlights you need a lot of coding and some extra wires(pain in the ass).

The bumper came with all the sensors, fog lights, grills, etc, i just need the headlights.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 04:43 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
There's much more to it than that, seems like you may have bitten off more than you can chew
Then unless you already have an M-sport, there's the trim on the wheel arch which is different as well as some other parts behind the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 05:24 PM   #3
KevinD.Bonds
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2013 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
There's much more to it than that, seems like you may have bitten off more than you can chew
Then unless you already have an M-sport, there's the trim on the wheel arch which is different as well as some other parts behind the bumper.
I sort of have bit off a ton tbh, but it’s turned into a project for me and my dad so I’m looking to finish it.

I know about the front bumper engine shield adapter and i kind of assumed the arches would be different, is there anything else I’d need?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 07:00 PM   #4
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
I recommend doing a search on this subject in this forum as there have been several discussions on this conversion that may answer your questions.
Appreciate 0