BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Bigmanny35
Rep
Drives: Black 2011 35i

Wind Noise/vibration from front end

I know that a wind noise thread exits, but it mainly focused on noise coming from the windows.

When I get the car going on the highway up over 75 or on a windy day. I can hear and feel a vibration. It is extremely annoying and I hate to take a Bluetooth call while on the highway. It is almost as if something is loose or something is flapping extremely fast in the wind. Is anybody else having this issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
Ural
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 20d

Some posters on a German forum were mentioning about a wind noise probably different than what we are having, mainly coming from the front of the car, and later it turned out that something was wrong with the windshield and reinstalling it solved their problem. You may want to have it checked too. Besides that, at speeds over 75 mph there is a noise , not just coming from a specific area i.e. doors or windows, a more general one. Dealers define it as "the wind hitting the car" . It gets louder with speed and the wind condition.
Appreciate 0