BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

28i in black

These shots didn't come out good enough for me to add to the Official black thread, but in case anyone wants to see some more in black, here they are:

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Is that black sapphire…thought I saw a hint of sparkle in the third shot, but the rest look like jet black.
      12-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yup, black sapphire metallic. Was a very bright day, with low winter sun/shade, too much contrast, so hard to get a good shot really there.

Can't remember all the options but it was a 28i, black leather with the sienna trim, panny sunroof, nav, not sure what else... $48,425

Seems to be the common 2 demo vehicles in dealers, Alpine White, and Black Sapphire... with sienna wood trim. All 3 dealers in my area only have these same colors with sienna wood trim. Really wish I could see some more color options for both interior and exterior in real life.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Cheers for pics

The dealer choices here locally seems to be Mineral Silver with Oyster Leather and Dark wave wood + standard seats.

The launch car that did the rounds was black saphire (which cemented my choice) with oyster and dark wave wood + sports seats.

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Cheers for pics

The dealer choices here locally seems to be Mineral Silver with Oyster Leather and Dark wave wood...
That is the exact configuration I want to see myself. Never have seen mineral silver and curious what it looks like in person, and I'm pretty sure I'd go with that interior or solid black. Hopefully the dealer will get one in sometime...

I really love the new X3 in black, and so far I like it the best. I don't even mind the orange reflectors as much when I see it in black; however, it would be very hard for me to keep a black car clean here in the Seattle area as it rains like 9 months of the year and when you drive on busy freeways here it's a constant battle to keep your car clean. From my experience here, Silver seems to show the dirt spatters and build up less and just makes the car just look more dull/less shiney rather than dirty.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
black leather with the sienna trim.....
Seems to be the common 2 demo vehicles in dealers, Alpine White, and Black Sapphire... with sienna wood trim. All 3 dealers in my area only have these same colors with sienna wood trim.
Thinking of changing from oyster leather to black leatehr with the sienna wood trim after looking at these pics (seems more practical with a 20 month old boy who likes dirt!)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
Waffle
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 xDrive20d SE

I think that might be a wise move. The garage where I took a test drive said they were struggling to keep the oyster upholstry clean.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Thinking of changing from oyster leather to black leatehr with the sienna wood trim after looking at these pics (seems more practical with a 20 month old boy who likes dirt!)
All light leather options were ruled out for me for the same reason. 11 months old with plenty of potential to be very messy! Went for alu trim though because I've never been that keen on the wood trims. That said, it works well in these pics.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
All light leather options were ruled out for me for the same reason. 11 months old with plenty of potential to be very messy! Went for alu trim though because I've never been that keen on the wood trims. That said, it works well in these pics.
Got beige interior that still looks good after 3.5 years and would like to see the black in person (all local dealers got the oyster leather)

Will have to decide in next couple of weeks before build slot

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yeah I've been thinking about that as well. I like the contrast of the oyster with the black but might be hard to keep clean. Haven't seen it in the new X3 but saw it on other cars at the dealer and it looks pretty classy.

Also, like someone mentioned somwhere in the forum before, the black leather looks great with the white contrast stitching, but how do you keep that white stitching clean? I'm sure it wouldn't be that noticable from a distance, but could be hard to keep clean as well. If kids spill something on it, get a muddy dog trampling on it, or just the years of jeans rubbing against it, etc. I don't suppose they offer black stitching as an option if you wanted?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Yeah I've been thinking about that as well. I like the contrast of the oyster with the black but might be hard to keep clean. Haven't seen it in the new X3 but saw it on other cars at the dealer and it looks pretty classy.

Also, like someone mentioned somwhere in the forum before, the black leather looks great with the white contrast stitching, but how do you keep that white stitching clean? I'm sure it wouldn't be that noticable from a distance, but could be hard to keep clean as well. If kids spill something on it, get a muddy dog trampling on it, or just the years of jeans rubbing against it, etc. I don't suppose they offer black stitching as an option if you wanted?
Ive always thought the oyster/cream leather looks classy (I guess most of the 7 series owners who seems to have light leather gets theirs proffesionally valeted to keep them looking good)

The oyster contrast stitching is dark, I know the oyster leather will clean up with some effort (from experience with previous cars) but was unsure over the contrast white stitching on the black leather also (im sure it is some kind of synthetic thread rather than cotton and therefore resists dirt!?)

Cant decide on oyster or black now - damn the millions of choices!

Sabian - did you get any shots of the rear seats?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #12
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sabian - did you get any shots of the rear seats?
Nope, I sat in the back but didn't take any shots of the seats. BTW, lots of room back there and very comfy for a back seat for sure!
Appreciate 0