BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-22-2018, 11:40 PM   #1
mrdoc
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 2016

Android BMW connected app and pixel 3

Hi,
I have been using Galaxy s8 and had no problem using the "BMW connected" app to get vehicle information like fuel level, mileage etc. However, the feature I most commonly used was destinations, where I can find an address in the app and get navigation directions on screen.
I switched to pixel 3 and now I am unable to use these feature. The phone charges fine when connected to USB but the app does not see the car. So I can not send the destination to navigation, nor does the app display car infolike mileage etc.

Any solutions please?

I am on X3 2016 xdrive28i.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 05:25 AM   #2
Riick
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The only solution is to return it. Pixel's are terrible phones no idea why you went from an S8 to one of those pieces of craps. The best day of my life was trading in my POS Pixel for an XR.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 01:36 PM   #3
Ylinen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

USB Connection

I just tried my Pixel 2 XL using USB in the car connected to the USB connection the center arm rest. Does not display connected. Keeps saying "Connect USB to update vehicle status"

All other features of the connected APP work by wifi or cellular. Sending location to MESSAGES, etc.

Don't know why the USB does not work with the Pixel in their APP.

I also don't get to see my TEXT or EMAILs using my Pixel 2 XL. My wifes Pixel XL works fine. Go figure. Same OS and version.
Appreciate 0