BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-27-2015, 01:35 PM   #1035
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

50p a mile is some depreciation! I'd probably throw the towel in now because they'd have lost all my trust and I just wouldn't be able to stomach being knowingly ripped off no matter how much I wanted the car. Hiding an £800 deduction without declaring it is just plain deceit, whether it's lawful or not. Blaming you for it is contempt.

I'd ask for a very clear explanation of what that workshop status means with a written explanation ... if it's damaged bodywork they're quickly fixing then maybe you should be demanding an £800 reduction from them.

Hate to say it but I still reckon they sold your first car to someone else and knew full well what was going on. Either that or they're completely inept - remember mine hit delivery within a week of what was forecast when I ordered 9 months before. If there's a problem with the car can the warranty be used at any BMW dealership or are you tied into this lot?

I know I'm sowing the seeds of doubt but this is a £40k+ car ... maybe others in the group can be more constructive / positive?
      04-27-2015, 01:39 PM   #1036
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartdj View Post
So many negative stories on here. Has anyone got a positive one!

Has any ones car arrived on time?

Has any ones car arrived early?

Has anyone had their car three months after ordering?

Going on all the negative news i guess il be waiting till December for mine! Ordered the first week in March- apparently for a June delivery!
The car's great now it's here but the waiting is soul destroying. There have been some good news stories but these are generally people who are lucky enough to have got a slot when someone else cancelled.

When you say June delivery, is that 2016? If not then I'd be asking your dealer what the build date is because it would be within the next couple of weeks to hit a June delivery.
      04-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #1037
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit
50p a mile is some depreciation! I'd probably throw the towel in now because they'd have lost all my trust and I just wouldn't be able to stomach being knowingly ripped off no matter how much I wanted the car. Hiding an 800 deduction without declaring it is just plain deceit, whether it's lawful or not. Blaming you for it is contempt.

I'd ask for a very clear explanation of what that workshop status means with a written explanation ... if it's damaged bodywork they're quickly fixing then maybe you should be demanding an 800 reduction from them.

Hate to say it but I still reckon they sold your first car to someone else and knew full well what was going on. Either that or they're completely inept - remember mine hit delivery within a week of what was forecast when I ordered 9 months before. If there's a problem with the car can the warranty be used at any BMW dealership or are you tied into this lot?

I know I'm sowing the seeds of doubt but this is a 40k+ car ... maybe others in the group can be more constructive / positive?
I agree with you it is deceitful and in my view dishonest .. Only grudgingly confirmed when I challenged the figures

We didn't get as far as the monthlies but I reckon that they have reduced the px value by the amount of my additional payments on my current assuming that the monthlies would be the same and I wouldn't care .. But being a tight northerner I do

To then blame it on me changing the specs is outrageous

At no point has the dealer ever mentioned that the px price would change and he has had plenty of opportunity as the car was delayed

He wasn't even going to mention it in my view .. Only admitted it when I challenged his figures

It is a good job that I hadn't travelled all the way to park lane to find out cus I wouldn't be leaving with the new car

I have lost faith with the dealer and don't really want the car now .. So angry

I think I am justified in asking for my deposit back

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #1038
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport

Tell him to stuff the fucking X3 where the sun don't shine !! And buy a Audi Q5.
I WOULD NEVER PAY EXTRA.
      04-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #1039
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre2
Tell him to stuff the fucking X3 where the sun don't shine !! And buy a Audi Q5.
I WOULD NEVER PAY EXTRA.

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 02:32 PM   #1040
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
I agree with you it is deceitful and in my view dishonest .. Only grudgingly confirmed when I challenged the figures

We didn't get as far as the monthlies but I reckon that they have reduced the px value by the amount of my additional payments on my current assuming that the monthlies would be the same and I wouldn't care .. But being a tight northerner I do

To then blame it on me changing the specs is outrageous

At no point has the dealer ever mentioned that the px price would change and he has had plenty of opportunity as the car was delayed

He wasn't even going to mention it in my view .. Only admitted it when I challenged his figures

It is a good job that I hadn't travelled all the way to park lane to find out cus I wouldn't be leaving with the new car

I have lost faith with the dealer and don't really want the car now .. So angry

I think I am justified in asking for my deposit back
It's a tricky one when you start to feel they are trying it on, but playing devils advocate here....

If you get the car you have ordered, at the right deposit and monthly is it really worth cancelling?. You don't have to use that dealer again or for servicing/warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 02:44 PM   #1041
Sparky14
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3.0d XLine Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northandy View Post
It's a tricky one when you start to feel they are trying it on, but playing devils advocate here....

If you get the car you have ordered, at the right deposit and monthly is it really worth cancelling?. You don't have to use that dealer again or for servicing/warranty.
Dito, I've just sold mine to a private dealer who in fairness offerd me a £1000 more in February when the car was initially planed for.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #1042
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Yep I get what you are saying ..

If they had said to me in February that they might have to write down my car ., open and upfront .. Yep fair enough

The fact that nothing has been said ... And was only disclosed when I challenged the figures ..

Then blamed on me is unexcusable and deceiptful

I'm certain that he had no intention at all of disclosing the reduction in the px value at all

It was clear that he thought id just be so delighted that I'd not query the figures

Well it's a good job for him that I have now .. Because if I'd clocked it whilst looking at an x3 registered in my name in the showroom they'd have a second hand one to sell on as I wouldn't be leaving with it

I'm more angry that he is now blaming me

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #1043
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This is Park Lane BMW in London? Aren't they the only BMW-owned dealership in the UK? My last X3 came from them and they were great at keeping me informed. They also gave me an X3 for 4 days to test drive before I placed an order.

I still don't get how the dealer can unilaterally decide that they are going to give you £800 less for your X1 just as the new car arrives.

And seriously, I'd still find out about that "open workshop job" entry because it could be a repair. Hopefully nothing to worry about but you'll kick yourself if it was something significant that you didn't check out e.g. a door panel that got stoved in and subsequently causes issues with window operation or door seals. I don't know what the policy would be on warranty - presumably no impact?
      04-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #1044
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
This is Park Lane BMW in London? Aren't they the only BMW-owned dealership in the UK? My last X3 came from them and they were great at keeping me informed. They also gave me an X3 for 4 days to test drive before I placed an order.

I still don't get how the dealer can unilaterally decide that they are going to give you 800 less for your X1 just as the new car arrives.

And seriously, I'd still find out about that "open workshop job" entry because it could be a repair. Hopefully nothing to worry about but you'll kick yourself if it was something significant that you didn't check out e.g. a door panel that got stoved in and subsequently causes issues with window operation or door seals. I don't know what the policy would be on warranty - presumably no impact?
Yes it is park lane

Yes I agree about the unilateral decision

Yes I agree about the status report and will do so

Just told my missus as I'm now home from work .. She summed it up the way only an Irish woman could

The people from the land of saints and scholars have such a wonderful way with words at times

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 09:56 PM   #1045
02420X3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Sadly, if you don't accept the X3 the dealer wins - they have a brand new X3 to sell with no wait time.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 12:05 AM   #1046
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

I said I would never pay a dime extra. However, it's easy for me to say cause I am already driving my X3 ....... Once the dealer has your car you must take a decision. This dealer has you by the balls. I would almost call it blackmail.

Do not agree with the 800 pounds extra at once. Ask your dealer for a specified calculation for this amount. Also ask him where this is mentioned in the sales contract that you have signed when ordering your car.
If your dealer sticks to the 800 pounds (so blackmailing you not to handover your car) you might consider to propose a deal :
Instead of paying 0,- (your option) or 800,- (dealers option) , tell him to split the difference and suggest you pay 400 pounds.

What I find also disturbing is the "workshop" matter. If you accept your car, you accept whatever happened to it. So do try to get an answer here. (also for this matter it would not hurt to have a quick chat with a lawyer, to find out your legal status ).

Last edited by Portimao318; 04-28-2015 at 02:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 02:49 AM   #1047
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 520d M Sport

Not a great situation, but I must add that I have dealt with Park Lane for the purchase of my past 6 cars and they have always been open and honest with me regarding any +/- on the cost of a part ex. In fact they have told me they cannot give me a part ex price for my current car against my X3 order as it is too far away to give an accurate value. I would go as far as saying I was advised to try private or another dealership as Park Lane are the main recipient of barely used BMW UK fleet cars so they are flooded with used models therefore meaning an older part ex car is not as financially attractive to them.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 03:25 AM   #1048
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc View Post
In fact they have told me they cannot give me a part ex price for my current car against my X3 order as it is too far away to give an accurate value.
Sorry, but any experienced car salesman will know how much to trade in a car for, also if it can take up to 6 or 8 months before he will get it.
A dealer can also ask you to hand over your car after a certain time, and than giving you a loaner until the new car arrives. This must be agreed upon during the salescontract of course. If he cannot give a loaner, thats fine too, as long as it is agreed upon. During the waiting time, you should be allowed to sell your car yourself.

Reading all this, my humble opinion of this so called "Park Lane" dealer is extremely LOW.

Last edited by Portimao318; 04-28-2015 at 03:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 04:01 AM   #1049
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Not a great situation, but I must add that I have dealt with Park Lane for the purchase of my past 6 cars and they have always been open and honest with me regarding any +/- on the cost of a part ex. In fact they have told me they cannot give me a part ex price for my current car against my X3 order as it is too far away to give an accurate value. I would go as far as saying I was advised to try private or another dealership as Park Lane are the main recipient of barely used BMW UK fleet cars so they are flooded with used models therefore meaning an older part ex car is not as financially attractive to them.
They were the same with me .. They didn't give me a price for mine until mid January this year I except and understand that and was happy with that

If they had told me when my car was delayed that they would have to revalue mine .. I'd except that

As it is my car has arrived and only when pushed has he admitted reducing my px and blaming me for the delay .. That I cannot accept

the new figures leave me worse off and are more than the amount of the additional finance payments that I have made whilst waiting .. If it was cost neutral to me I might have accepted it ... However

The bottom line is trust and honesty and he has broken the first and displayed a lack of the latter

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 05:12 AM   #1050
WorksopOWLS
Rep
Drives: BMw X1 / X3 on order

Its their fault that it arrived late.

Tell them you are knocking £800 off the purchase price for it being x months late
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 06:31 AM   #1051
Sparky14
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3.0d XLine Space Grey

Quote:
They were the same with me .. They didn't give me a price for mine until mid January this year I except and understand that and was happy with that

If they had told me when my car was delayed that they would have to revalue mine .. I'd except that

As it is my car has arrived and only when pushed has he admitted reducing my px and blaming me for the delay .. That I cannot accept

the new figures leave me worse off and are more than the amount of the additional finance payments that I have made whilst waiting .. If it was cost neutral to me I might have accepted it ... However

The bottom line is trust and honesty and he has broken the first and displayed a lack of the latter
What's next Andy
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 07:00 AM   #1052
German1967
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi - 2022 992 C2S Cab

I am amazed by some of these delivery times back to Europe. Stateside I ordered my 2016 X3 on April 11, it went into production a few days later and arrived at the dealership past Sunday. That is basically 2 weeks from ordering.

On the other hand I am waiting for my Germany produced M235xi to show up by mid May, which would be an 8 week turn around - not bad either.
      04-28-2015, 07:40 AM   #1053
njc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G31 520d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o
Quote:

Other than speaking to them again, I'm not sure what you can do. I do hope it gets sorted in a positive way and this encounter doesn't spoil the experience of receiving your new car.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #1054
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky14 View Post
What's next Andy
PML.

I'm intrigued how this will play out because it seems the dealer can't lose so even a split the difference deal would be optimistic. Suspect they could shift the car in under a week at close to list price.

Deep down I know I'd end up coughing up the £800 extra providing I knew what that workshop entry meant.
      04-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #1055
cooldude00
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 2.0d

hope u get it sorted... like u I was informed of a 3 - 6 mth wait which was subsequently "delayed" to 9 mths instead... Dealer honored the trade in price that was negotiated when I placed the order - topic didn't even come up.

this was pre LCI back in 2011 - looks like the waiting list for UK hasn't changed since!
      04-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #1056
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky14 View Post
What's next Andy
PML.

I'm intrigued how this will play out because it seems the dealer can't lose so even a split the difference deal would be optimistic. Suspect they could shift the car in under a week at close to list price.

Deep down I know I'd end up coughing up the 800 extra providing I knew what that workshop entry meant.
Well yes I kinda agree with you

But I really really have this thing about people trying to f**** me over

At the end of the day I don't need a new car .. He needs to sell them

I'm really not arsed now whether I get the car or not

I may end up biting the bullet .. I may not !

But I hate being lied too

I did a finance check this morning and the dealer I bought my car from rang me. I told him my tale of woe .. ( expedited) He has an X3 in stock for immediate delivery

He stated that when cars have/are delayed they always honour the px price given

His view (based on my perspective) was that it was sharp practice

Ps no call from my dealer today .. I have no intention of ringing him .. I made myself quite clear last night how I felt .. It may be an interesting week

Appreciate 0