BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #463
xodium
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
It functions as it always did, only with the addition of Pressure and Temperature readings.

How come I don't have the values? Only the units. -PSI, -F
Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #464
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodium View Post
How come I don't have the values? Only the units. -PSI, -F
Thanks...
Does your car have Option 2VB (TPMS)?

If so, and you reset TPMS, drove the car a mile or two after coding, and you still you have no actual values, you are screwed. On F10 anyway, there is a small, maybe 2% of the cars, the values don't show up on, and no one knows why.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 05:43 AM   #465
noka
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 x35i M-Sport

Quote:

If so, and you reset TPMS, drove the car a mile or two after coding, and you still you have no actual values, you are screwed. On F10 anyway, there is a small, maybe 2% of the cars, the values don't show up on, and no one knows why.
Just curious (since I might want to do this): Does "screwed" mean you must take to dealer to correct it or that you must somehow restore old settings and correct it?
      01-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #466
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by noka View Post
Just curious (since I might want to do this): Does "screwed" mean you must take to dealer to correct it or that you must somehow restore old settings and correct it?
No. It only means that for whatever reason it won't work in his car. And if it doesn't work, I would return it to its original value using E-Sys.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #467
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

If You do not see the Pressure and temperature values after correctly coding, I would suggest you to revert back to original set values and carry out a systematic test for TPMS working. A simple way could be to set the pressure in at least one of the tires to say 35 and reset the TPMS and drive the car until car shows that TPMS has been successfully reset. Next, I would reduce the pressure in one of such tires to 25 and drive the car for a mile or so to get a low pressure warning, if not, you need a visit to service center.

It's true the few have reported that they don't see these values in their cars even after coding but I am not sure if they carried out a check to find out if their TPMS system worked.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #468
xodium
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It's working now. I just drove around 10 blocks and it suddenly appeared. Heck... I didn't even noticed it til I stopped. Thanks to you guys for your support.
One more thing, Is it normal ti get an error on the screen after you cide the TPMS? I got an error about the vehicle stabilization.... Cant remember exactly what it was but it's gone now. I know this happens when you code Kombi. I havent heard about HU CIC giving error report.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #469
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's working now. I just drove around 10 blocks and it suddenly appeared. Heck... I didn't even noticed it til I stopped. Thanks to you guys for your support.
One more thing, Is it normal ti get an error on the screen after you cide the TPMS? I got an error about the vehicle stabilization.... Cant remember exactly what it was but it's gone now. I know this happens when you code Kombi. I havent heard about HU CIC giving error report.

Error code is not normal for coding TPMS. If it vanished though, I would not worry about it.

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #470
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Anyone know why a previously coded feature would mysteriously revert back to default state?

My folding mirror's don't fold anymore and I can't code using e-sys on my new windows8 laptop.
      01-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #471
xodium
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Anyone know why a previously coded feature would mysteriously revert back to default state?

My folding mirror's don't fold anymore and I can't code using e-sys on my new windows8 laptop.
Did you just had your car serviced?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #472
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Tire balanced and arm rest pad replaced.
Maybe the monkeys at the dealership had the ignition on while removing the door panel to fix the arm rest pad and the car's computer disabled or rest the folding mirror function.

Not a big deal if I can get e-sys working again.

Quote:
Did you just had your car serviced?
      01-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #473
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Programmed features remains unless you recode or reflash your CIC.

Best way to check could be to get the cafd files read again and see if the settings remained the same or the folding mechanism failed.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #474
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

OK, I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times now. It looks like the software doesn't work with windows8.

When setting up E-Sys by doing the following steps the software cannot do #4:
1. Launch E-Sys by double clicking its shortcut on desktop. It might take a minute to
start, have patience.
2. Select Options > Settings > EST
3. Click on the browse button with three dots ( … ) and navigate to EST folder. If
automatic installation was done, it should be at C:\ESysData\EST
4. Select file “******.est” and click OK.

I get to step 4 and the software is looking for a directory not a file. This did not happen on an old laptop with winxp.

After selecting C:\ESysData\EST for the directory for data e-sys provides a comment that folders cannot be found and asks if it should create them. Then e-sys restarts.

The computer connects to the car using zgw_search but when I hit the connect icon the target window is blank.

If I select C:\ESysData as the directory for data the target window is populated and I can select the model, read Vehicle Order and VCM information. I can also right click on the CAFD files and read coding data and then edit the FDL.

The problem is at that point the save icon is greyed out.

Under settings I have set the developer software token to C:\ESysData\EST\xxxx xxxx.est (correct file name).

Does anyone have a work around for e-sys and win8?
      01-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #475
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
OK, I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times now. It looks like the software doesn't work with windows8.

When setting up E-Sys by doing the following steps the software cannot do #4:
1. Launch E-Sys by double clicking its shortcut on desktop. It might take a minute to
start, have patience.
2. Select Options > Settings > EST
3. Click on the browse button with three dots ( … ) and navigate to EST folder. If
automatic installation was done, it should be at C:\ESysData\EST
4. Select file “******.est” and click OK.

I get to step 4 and the software is looking for a directory not a file. This did not happen on an old laptop with winxp.

After selecting C:\ESysData\EST for the directory for data e-sys provides a comment that folders cannot be found and asks if it should create them. Then e-sys restarts.

The computer connects to the car using zgw_search but when I hit the connect icon the target window is blank.

If I select C:\ESysData as the directory for data the target window is populated and I can select the model, read Vehicle Order and VCM information. I can also right click on the CAFD files and read coding data and then edit the FDL.

The problem is at that point the save icon is greyed out.

Under settings I have set the developer software token to C:\ESysData\EST\xxxx xxxx.est (correct file name).

Does anyone have a work around for e-sys and win8?
When you set the E-Sys Data Folder and Token File, in the bottom of selection window, are you choosing the correct "Files of type:" accordingly (e.g. "Directories" for the Data Folder and "EST Files" for the Token?

Name:  E-Sys - Data Folder.png
Views: 3285
Size:  81.6 KB Name:  E-Sys - EST File.png
Views: 3050
Size:  49.3 KB

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #476
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

I do not have Win 8 on my laptop so can't work out quick solution for you but you can try to start ESys by right click on it and then select to run in XP compatibility mode. Let us know if that solves your problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #477
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Shawn, I don't get that option to select the est file there... that's what I'm saying... something weird.

April1, yes I did try running in winxp compatible mode... as a matter of fact I set all executable files to run in winxp mode (related to the software)

Below is a little video clip of what happens... you'll notice it is immediately after a clean reinstall of the software batch file.

Here are a couple of additional screen shots....

Quote:
When you set the E-Sys Data Folder and Token File, in the bottom of selection window, are you choosing the correct "Files of type:" accordingly (e.g. "Directories" for the Data Folder and "EST Files" for the Token?

Attachment 806080 Attachment 806081
Attached Images

01-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #478
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

I believe you need .Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 that can be installed through 3.5 SP1 on your laptop. You may do the following to enable on your m/c which will finally install using Internet connection.

Enabling the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel
---------------------------------------------------------

You can enable the .NET Framework 3.5 yourself through Control Panel. In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, choose Turn Windows features on or off, and then select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 check box. This option requires an Internet connection.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #479
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Thanks April1, you did mention that before to me and I will try. NET software later today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
I believe you need .Net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 that can be installed through 3.5 SP1 on your laptop. You may do the following to enable on your m/c which will finally install using Internet connection.

Enabling the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel
---------------------------------------------------------

You can enable the .NET Framework 3.5 yourself through Control Panel. In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, choose Turn Windows features on or off, and then select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 check box. This option requires an Internet connection.
      01-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #480
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Shawn, I don't get that option to select the est file there... that's what I'm saying... something weird.

April1, yes I did try running in winxp compatible mode... as a matter of fact I set all executable files to run in winxp mode (related to the software)

Below is a little video clip of what happens... you'll notice it is immediately after a clean reinstall of the software batch file.

Here are a couple of additional screen shots....
In your video, your E-Sys Data Path is already set correctly, yet you try and change it to the EST folder, which is wrong, and which is why it can't find the right subfolders. Leave that set to C:\ESysData

Now move over to the ES Tab, and set the EST Token File to C:\ESysData\e-sys est\Code Away.est as shown in your last picture.

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #481
noka
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 x35i M-Sport

"lbjgh" quoted instructions from the the first post of this thread. Just wondering if they need to be modified? I haven't done any coding yet but hope to make it as easy and enjoyable as I can by understanding what to do in advance.
      01-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #482
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

@Shawn, as noka pointed out I was using the instructions that worked previously. The screen shot was my attempted work-around.

@noka, The instructions worked fine the first time I installed on an older system.

@ april1, I enabled .net framework ver. 4.5 (win8 option) and I'm currently reinstalling the software.

I'll provide updates shortly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noka View Post
"lbjgh" quoted instructions from the the first post of this thread. Just wondering if they need to be modified? I haven't done any coding yet but hope to make it as easy and enjoyable as I can by understanding what to do in advance.
      01-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #483
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep

Framework 4.5 is already enabled for win 8, we need framework 3.5.1 for old apps
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #484
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

10-4 I'll install that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by April1 View Post
Framework 4.5 is already enabled for win 8, we need framework 3.5.1 for old apps