BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-10-2022, 06:06 PM   #1
j_fak
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3

Camshaft timing code (P052b) appeared after battery replacement and oil change

I took my 2011 X3 (xDrive28i) to get some much needed work done. The car was having trouble with cold starts, especially in the morning and when not driven for a few days. We tested the battery and it was weak, so the battery was replaced. Also had the garage assistant do an oil change while the car was lifted and we replaced the rear brake-pads + rotors. Everything was patched back up, but the car wouldn't start. The OBD fuse was blown, so I replaced that and the car started right up.

After driving around the block a few times, the engine light came on and threw me a code for the camshaft position sensor, bank 1 - P052B. I replaced the sensor, cleared the code, and the light came back on. Car starts whistling and its the PCV Valve cover. I replace the cover and valve, give the car new spark plugs, and the car is still throwing the same code.

Has anyone run into an issue like this before? I'm completely stumped and don't know what the issue could be. Any insight would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0