BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
GQX3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

My purchase story for 2011 X3

Here is my story for the purchase of my 2011 X3 in March 2011. Hope it will be of use for anybody.
BMW 2011 X3 xDrive28i, purchase location was L.A. County, CA, U.S.A.
Dealer a Autonation BMW. Test drove the X3 at the dealer 3 times and participated in the BMW X3 Experience for a 1 hour test drive at this dealer.
Test drove the MB 350 GLK, Infinity FX, Acura MDX, Lexus RX350 and the Audi Q5. At the time the dealer only had two X3's so I would have to order mine to get what I wanted. Wanted: Alpine White, Sand Beige Nevada Leather, Fineline Sienna wood trim,Conv., Tech., & Premium packages, Satellite Radio w/ free 1 year, floor mats and BMW assist. Price quote from Dealer and the BMW site MRSP $46,614 and total would have been estimated total of $52,208 "Out the Door".
I did a price analysis from on-line data provided by auto brokers on Invoice cost and the MRSP. Here was my price guides that I came up that I thought would be a fair offer based on brokers:
Inv:$47,510; Mid:$49,586, MRSP:$51,660; All these include Tax & Fees
Sent my order to 3 brokers, lowest came back at base $44,619 from American Express. Total OTD would be $49,973, so that would be my max limit, anything under $50K. Took the offer to my local BMW dealer and told them I would like to buy in my community instead of going through the broker, they accepted the my offer. Total time it took them to accept my offer was about 1 hour.
Purchase price "Out the Door" was $49,668. Received a $500 gift card from BMW and the parts department gave me a free bottle of BMW Natural Care car wax. Also got the 1 yr free satellite radio subscription, $156.

So that's my purchase story. What's your's? Comments?

BTW, my X3 is great, glad I chose a BMW, it is everything I expected it would be and I think it out classes all others in this category of SUV/SAV.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
colson79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i DSB

I looked at the same vehicles you did plus the Cadillac SRX. The BMW was the last vehicle I test drove and I knew in about 10 min it was the one. This was towards the end of July and after thinking about it I decided to wait until the 2012 models were out. I started working with my dealer at the end of August after getting a broker price as well. Initially he offered me $750 off MSRP. After I stopped laughing I told him I had a much better price through a broker but I wanted to keep my business local. Eventually he offered $2200 of MSRP but that was still to good enough for me. They refused to match by broker price and gave me a big line about how they were giving me their first 2012 allocation, etc. I ended up going through the broker (USAA if anyone has them) and got $3200 of MSRP. The process was very easy and worked out great. I am picking up my X3 at the Performance Delivery Center on Oct 31st.