BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-23-2015, 11:07 PM   #23
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Looks nice, but can't work out how big it is interior wise, the older GLK was very roomy, seems this has lost some of that interior space for aesthetics.....

Definitely much better than expected, this will steal sales from X3.

Are they now implying it can off-road?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 01:19 AM   #24
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport

Of course it will sell well, it's a Mercedes. But from behind it looks too much like a Audi Q5 to me. Not a very innovative design, if you ask me.
      06-24-2015, 02:52 AM   #25
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

Shame they can't come up with an original set of rear lights - Yawn!
Looks like they borrowed the same set from the Macan and that looks butt ugly from behind too.

I'm not so sure that this will necessarily steal sales from BMW, as you have to look at the overall picture. Some people may still prefer the higher ride of the X3 (I hear the GLC is still lower), Mercedes sales and support is pretty poor (well it is where I live) and servicing is expensive in comparison.
Plus I know many people have said the interior of the latest Merc's are nice, but the layout is dreadful and what with that stuck on ipad on the dash, what were they thinking!!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 03:45 AM   #26
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Yeah Mercedes customer service is poor, and their serving prices are way too high as well.

However, you don't think the new X3 is going to get a screen more like that Merc one when it arrives?
To be fair, the screen is no way near as big an issue when you are sat in the car, the images make it look like it blocks your view, but in reality it doesn't come up passed the dash and into windscreen territory.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 04:16 AM   #27
PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

I think it's just the way they've fitted the screen and given it a floating design, it just doesn't look right to me.
Bearing in mind BMW currently uses an 8.8inch screen (widescreen format) in some of their cars, I doubt it will get much bigger if at all. Therefore if they incorporate the screen in to the dash as they currently do, then it's not an issue and definitely preferred by me.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 04:55 AM   #28
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I don't expect it to get bigger, but BMW have been moving a a more 'stuck on' display in recent models, although, far more integrated than Mercedes thank god!

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 07:27 AM   #29
Jan van Zyl
Private First Class
Namibia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 (F25) x-drive 2.0D

Seems like GLC made BMW sit up a bit:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...val-96954.html
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #30
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan van Zyl View Post
Seems like GLC made BMW sit up a bit:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...val-96954.html
That sort of response has become very common here in the Australian market. Since the C Class was launched here last year with sharp pricing and a good standard equipment list, BMW Australia have had 2 equipment updates to the 3 Series - and we'll probably get a further upgrade when the LCI 3 Series arrives later this years. Likewise with the 1 series vs. the A Class with significant standard equipment upgrades for the LCI 1 Series recently launched here. Expect we'll see the same with the X3 vs this GLC.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #31
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

This --->>> GLC has a ground clearance of 181 millimeters in standard guise and reaches a maximum 227 millimeters for the Off-Road Engineering package equipped models with AIR BODY CONTROL suspensions. The maximum angles of approach and departure are 31 and 25 degrees respectively, while entry-level, steel-sprung models are rated with 22 and 23 degrees. Brakeover angle is 17, respectively 20 degrees for versions with pneumatic suspension and off-road package while fording depth is 300 millimeters for both versions.

http://mercedesblog.com/live-report-...-full-details/
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 01:48 PM   #32
Max1Factor
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20i M Sport

Just over 4.5 years with the X3 and felt like an upgrade. Been massively pleased with the car, but wanted a quieter engine at low speed and more fun at the high end and more bells and whistles. Looked at the X4, F-Pace, Porsche Macan, and Merc GLC.

The X3/4 interior hasn't moved on so it felt like no real change and a smaller boot. The F-Pace didn't excite me and with long lead times and no discount offered, its currently punching well over its £ value. A good friend has just bought the Macan diesel S so that ruled that out.

Above all the GLC stood out, being a new model with a great quality interior. Mercedes offered more than BMW on the trade-in and the amount of options per £ is far greater than the others. Was concerned about the power of the GLC 2L engines so in the end ordered the AMG GLC 43 (not due in showrooms until mid June) without the benefit of a test drive. Gone for all options except HUD and Performance buckets. There is plenty I'll miss about the X3 including reliability and running costs, but I reckon I've made a good move.

Max
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #33
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre2 View Post
why would anyone need 450 bhp in the States ? 450 horses to drive 65 mph ?
Well I do 100mph quite frequently. And getting there quickly is fun. I am sure AMG GLC is out of my price range.
Appreciate 0