BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
alexdaqt
Rep
Drives: 325i

How much should I pay for this 2013 xDrive28i?

I am going to go take a look at this X3 once they complete the CPO inspection but just wanted to get some opinions on pricing. Its a 2013 xDrive28i with 20,000 miles. It was a single owner lease return. Includes Premium package, Technology package, Nevada leather, and Convenience package. They are listing it for $34,500 which would include the CPO according to the salesperson. Was wondering what you guys thought might be a fair price to offer on this car assuming it checks out and if there is anything specific issues that I should be looking for with this particular car.

http://www.advantagebmwhouston.com/u...b6ae70582e.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
ba ba boosh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jalopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdaqt View Post
I am going to go take a look at this X3 once they complete the CPO inspection but just wanted to get some opinions on pricing. Its a 2013 xDrive28i with 20,000 miles. It was a single owner lease return. Includes Premium package, Technology package, Nevada leather, and Convenience package. They are listing it for $34,500 which would include the CPO according to the salesperson. Was wondering what you guys thought might be a fair price to offer on this car assuming it checks out and if there is anything specific issues that I should be looking for with this particular car.

http://www.advantagebmwhouston.com/u...b6ae70582e.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I would say try to aim for $31-32k. You won't get much more discount for a CPO from the dealership. I tried to get a 2012 CPO X3 28i, with all the features and around 34k miles. I played hardball and they would only go to $29k from $32k. So I got a private sale 2012 F25 locally, more miles but much cheaper price, clean carfax, optioned out, plus I still have the factory warranty until mid next year and purchased the platinum extended warranty. So I ended up paying around $29k all in (private sale price, tax, registration, and extended warranty) for a car I would have paid $29k at the dealership plus taxes and registration. So I saved around $4k.

Last edited by ba ba boosh; 11-03-2015 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2015, 11:55 PM   #3
w5xz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 x-3 28i x-dr, 2012 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
dealers make a killing on used cars, IMHO...trade in values are god-awful..
lease returns, i dunno..

seems to me, there's at least 3 ways to value used cars: NADA, Kelley blue book, and Edmonds...all propose dealer, private party, and trade-in values.

the last being the lowest, by my recent experience...

if you LOVE it, i'd split the difference between trade-in and private party sell, from KBB..you might be surprised..

CPO is low risk for them, IMHO, since most of the initial warrantee is gone already..

JM2c, and good luck...

dan
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #4
Amber
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 Sport 19" rims

Don't buy it get the 35i you won't regret it.
Appreciate 0