BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #23
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_Impreza View Post
Break-in, Owner Manual PDF, page 120.
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...yN2Vwpl66pstQ=
Thanks for the link. Seems pretty straight forward and if you've ever bought a brand new car before its logical as well. Kind of goes along with don't flog on it until you're used to it (IMO thats why you see a lot of exotics that get wrecked shortly after delivery).
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #24
uho001
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Just get it fully loaded, you wont regret
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #25
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
love the color combo - Deep Sea Blue w/ Mojave - my X3 was built this week and released to carrier today

i didn't get the M package, you won't go wrong either way.

i passed a new X3 in DSB on the highway last week i really love how it looks.

check back in a week or so for my first hand opinion on my own X3
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #26
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uho001 View Post
Just get it fully loaded, you wont regret
That's what I'm planning on now (minus HUD). I'm sure I'll love it, but my wallet won't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
love the color combo - Deep Sea Blue w/ Mojave - my X3 was built this week and released to carrier today

i didn't get the M package, you won't go wrong either way.

i passed a new X3 in DSB on the highway last week i really love how it looks.

check back in a week or so for my first hand opinion on my own X3
I've been reading your thread update and I'm very excited. I commented on it earlier today actually. I keep going back and forth on the M package, but I really want the anthracite headliner and that's the only way to get it. Thanks, and I will most definitely be checking out your review when you get it. Make sure to take lots of pics!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #27
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
That's what I'm planning on now (minus HUD). I'm sure I'll love it, but my wallet won't...

I've been reading your thread update and I'm very excited. I commented on it earlier today actually. I keep going back and forth on the M package, but I really want the anthracite headliner and that's the only way to get it. Thanks, and I will most definitely be checking out your review when you get it. Make sure to take lots of pics!
According to the 2012 changes post the Anthracite headliner is standard with the Sports Activity Package on the 2012 35i.

" Sport Activity Packages (ZAP) now feature Anthracite headliner. 19" wheels (2A1 with all-season tires) now included for ZAP on xDrive35i "
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #28
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
i agree on skipping HUD - an awesome feature I didn't need. I also skipped the 19" wheels (see my thread for my reasoning) I talked myself into SAP and DHP - my orig specs included neither. actually this forum is responsible for SAP - i went and sat in a few BMW's w/ sport seats and that was a done deal. M sport vs no M sport is really a matter of preference and wallet unless you are a carbon black fan. stick w/ the blue

Can someone describe what the Anthracite headliner is, and what comes if you don't get it? i don't really know what it is, so it was hard to want it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #29
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

I went with the list below. Convenience package is now included in other packages for the 35i. I would have chosen the 18" wheels if I could. The 19" 309's are now standard on the 35i with Sports Activity. I'm nervous that they'll be a lot more vulnerable to damage than the 18's, but others on the forum reassured me that the difference is very minor. I do like the 309 rims so not all bad.

I was planning on getting the HUD, but after test driving both models & hearing the stereo I upgraded to 35i, Sound & Dynamic Handling so I had to give up the HUD.

2012 x3 xDrive 35i
- Sports Activity Package
- Cold Weather Package
- Premium Package
- Premium Sound Package
- Technology Package
- Dynamic Handling Package
- Exterior Color - Mineral Silver
- Interior Color - Oyster 2 tone
- Trim - Fineline Wave Wood
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #30
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukat View Post
According to the 2012 changes post the Anthracite headliner is standard with the Sports Activity Package on the 2012 35i.

" Sport Activity Packages (ZAP) now feature Anthracite headliner. 19" wheels (2A1 with all-season tires) now included for ZAP on xDrive35i "
ZAP isn't available in Canada anymore (unless I'm reading the build sheets wrong). Kind of lame. But oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
i agree on skipping HUD - an awesome feature I didn't need. I also skipped the 19" wheels (see my thread for my reasoning) I talked myself into SAP and DHP - my orig specs included neither. actually this forum is responsible for SAP - i went and sat in a few BMW's w/ sport seats and that was a done deal. M sport vs no M sport is really a matter of preference and wallet unless you are a carbon black fan. stick w/ the blue

Can someone describe what the Anthracite headliner is, and what comes if you don't get it? i don't really know what it is, so it was hard to want it.
I really want the 19" wheels, based solely on the look that it gives the car (I read your thread, and understand your reasoning completely). The freeways around here seem to be pretty good so I think I'll be ok with the 19's. Anthracite headliner is a black headliner available in the Msport vehicles, and vehicles with ZAP (in the US). If you don't have the black headliner then I believe its grey. Just gives it a more sporty look.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #31
mdavis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i M-sport loaded

for 2011, we used to get DHP in order to get DDC.

For my 2012 order I am about to place, the DDC was positioned in the M-sport package...and the only thing that was shown for DHP was the variable sport steering.

INTERESTING.

I'm not sure I would get DHP for the variable sport steering - I just wanted DDC to be adjusted with the normal, sport, sport+ options..

Can someone check into this and confirm that the contents of DHP has changed from 2011 to 2012? This is important.

Thanks, -mark
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #32
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
for 2011, we used to get DHP in order to get DDC.

For my 2012 order I am about to place, the DDC was positioned in the M-sport package...and the only thing that was shown for DHP was the variable sport steering.

INTERESTING.

I'm not sure I would get DHP for the variable sport steering - I just wanted DDC to be adjusted with the normal, sport, sport+ options..

Can someone check into this and confirm that the contents of DHP has changed from 2011 to 2012? This is important.

Thanks, -mark
Sorry but I can't answer your question.

Anyways, an update about the X3. I test drove both the 28i and 35i, and well lets just say the second I pulled away in the 35i I was sold. The salesman I was talking to was a complete idiot though. I asked him about the dynamic dampers, and he said it had to do with airflow in the front bumper. I didn't say anything, but isn't the guy selling the vehicle supposed to know a little bit about what he's selling?

In terms of the dynamic damper control. I used it on the 35i I tested and couldn't feel the difference. I'm going to skip this option. I'm also going to skip the executive package (Canada spec) but add the lumbar support as a standalone option. This saves me overall $3400 from the MSRP i was at before.

By skipping the executive package I miss out on the: lights package (not a big loss IMO because the angel eyes will light up when I unlock it), the surround view monitor (I'll have park distance control so I don't think this is necessary), universal remote (my parkade uses a key card to get into so not a huge loss), sirius, and upgraded sound system. I'm not as happy about giving those up but for $1900 it's not worth it IMO. I think I can get the sirius fitted after, but I don't need the sound system.

Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #33
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

DDC does not mean "Sport+, Sport, Normal"