BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-12-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
ChessToon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini Countryman 2.0SD All4 Aut

Just ordered a used X3 3.0d X Line - views?

Hi All,
I had a 2.0 Msport X3 in 2012 before letting it go for various reasons but did enjoy the car a lot when I had it.
I have now ordered a used 3.0d XLine (2014) with the following additions:
VDC / Pro Nav / Adv Speaker upgrade / HUD / Surround View / visibility pack / heated seats front & rear / heated steering wheel / electric seats / servo steering / service pack until 2019.
The car has 18k miles on it but is unmarked and looks great in the Silver Met and 18" alloys. It does have RF tyres on it though.
Building the spec online the car was close to £51k. Now looking at paying close to £35k. Is this a good price / deal? Part exchanging my Mini Countryman 2.0 SD All4 Auto.

I have driven the 30d in the 530d Msport and its a cracking drive. Hope the X3 proves to be as enjoyable!

Hopefully will pick it up next week.
Harmon Kardon Speaker Upgrade.
TLC
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

Congrats on the new car - it is a great spec and sounds like a really good price! Silver is also my favourite colour! (I am envious of the 3.0D and VDC) Looking forward to seeing some photos!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessToon View Post
Now looking at paying close to £35k. Is this a good price / deal? Part exchanging my Mini Countryman 2.0 SD All4 Auto.

I have driven the 30d in the 530d Msport and its a cracking drive. Hope the X3 proves to be as enjoyable!

Hopefully will pick it up next week.
It is a terrific car to have. I purchased mine for £36k over 1 year ago when it was 10 months old and only had 10k miles on it. It was in pristine condition (the engine was still tight) and was an ex BMW management vehicle.

You are the only one who can tell if it is a cracking deal because you have not said how old and the condition of the Mini Countryman was and the price you received in part exchange for it. What really matters is the difference you paid to change from the Mini to the X3.

Lets face it, the only people who make a good deal when you exchange your car is the dealer, no matter what anyone else says.

In the final analysis if you are happy, that is all that matters.

Does it have adaptive Xenons and High Beam Assist (HBA)? Listed below are the codes.

S522A Xenon Light
S524A Adaptive Headlights
S5ACA High-beam assistant

Last edited by Peter_R; 09-12-2015 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: Additional line at the end of the post
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 01:33 AM   #4
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

I went from a 2 to 3 litre. The 3 litre engine is amazing, you wont be dissapointed.