BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-13-2011, 04:52 AM   #23
Inrex
Rep
Drives: E61 535d M and E87 120d M

The only colour I would consider the SE in is black cause I really don't like the look of the black plastic. The SE is trying to look like an offroader but doesn't quite get there. I think it would benefit in looks if there was an option for the outer steps like on the X5. Then I would consider it. I think it's better to move away from a design which is trying but does not succeed IMO. So solution for me is m-sport.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 05:38 AM   #24
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inrex View Post
The only colour I would consider the SE in is black cause I really don't like the look of the black plastic. The SE is trying to look like an offroader but doesn't quite get there. I think it would benefit in looks if there was an option for the outer steps like on the X5. Then I would consider it. I think it's better to move away from a design which is trying but does not succeed IMO. So solution for me is m-sport.
The X5 also has plastic trim and bumper for SE spec

The plastic did bother me initially and cemented the black paintwork choice (last 3 cars have been black) but seeing other owner pics think the black trim actually looks good on the lighter colours also.

For me the steps are practical but are not very well executed on BMW X5 or last gen X3 and spoil the look

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 05:42 AM   #25
*mt*
BMW driver
Rep
Drives: BMW

Because there are not much pictures with msport in black, i change some pictures with photoshop.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #26
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inrex View Post
Maybe paint the bumpers to body colour. Seriously contemplating getting white SE instead and doing so and add some suble skirts in my local pimp my ride shop
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 12:56 PM   #27
arvid
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20D M-sport

mt-330 - thanks for the pics!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #28
Neo-Orpheus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Astra

I agree with the M Sport styling, especially the front bumper. I think the M sport in Alpine White looks hot on certain angles and other times it looks very bloated. I'm considering the M sport spec because of all the features you get with it, ie sports seats, pearlpoint cloth/leather, m badging, colour coded bumpers, performance control, 18" alloys.

I too am comtemplating the M sport in AW or go with mineral silver in the original spec.
Appreciate 0