BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Space Grey + Black Nevada + Alu

I popped into the local dealer today and saw their showroom X3 for the first time. Thought I'd post some pics, particularly a few of the black nevada + brushed aluminium, and some xline close ups. Slightly random angles and iphone quality I'm afraid. The spec of the car is Space Grey manual, xline, 20" streamline alloys, xenons, black nevada, alu trim, no sat nav.

I was reminded of how much bigger and better the X3 looks in real life than in photos IMO. Definitely made the right decision!

The dash looks better in real life than it does in the photo, despite this car having no pro sat nav.

I also saw their sapphire black demonstrator pull in as I was leaving and it looked awesome.

My X3 has now departed the factory and is on its way somewhere but still no delivery date
Attached Images

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

continued
Attached Images

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Do you make reasons up tp pass by the dealer and just pop in? - was thinking of doing this tomorrow (again)

Does that mean that your dealer has a demo car and a showroom car now (if so hoping mine got one also - def a reason to pop in)

When I popped in a coupe of weeks ago the X3 demo was not in, out on a test drive I asked? No they said "the sales manager is driving it and not in today" - WTF - no demo at the dealers to view because the sales manager is swanning around in it!

Cheers for pics btw

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Do you make reasons up tp pass by the dealer and just pop in? - was thinking of doing this tomorrow (again)

Does that mean that your dealer has a demo car and a showroom car now (if so hoping mine got one also - def a reason to pop in)

When I popped in a coupe of weeks ago the X3 demo was not in, out on a test drive I asked? No they said "the sales manager is driving it and not in today" - WTF - no demo at the dealers to view because the sales manager is swanning around in it!

Cheers for pics btw
I had a "genuine" reason today and that was that I knew they had a showroom X3 that I hadn't seen yet and I was curious. Also I haven't actually seen one in the flesh since last October.

They seemed quite happy for me to have a good look around I also got an update on the status of my order and had a chat. He said new orders are being told it's likely to be July for delivery

Yes, they have both a showroom car and demo car. Re. no car at all at your dealership, beggars belief doesn't it!?!

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Oddly it was the sales manager who had the demo I drove too! After recent UK weather there seems to be a shortage of 4x4s of all types. Local Lexus dealer has had no 450h demonstrator for a month! July delivery may be right - informed they add the 3.0l to production in April.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I had a "genuine" reason today and that was that I knew they had a showroom X3 that I hadn't seen yet and I was curious. Also I haven't actually seen one in the flesh since last October.

Yes, they have both a showroom car and demo car. Re. no car at all at your dealership, beggars belief doesn't it!?!
Was your "genuine reason" to keep you sane during the painful wait

I was told July last week when I added the sports steering wheel

Just happen to be passing dealer tomorrow so hope they will have a new showroom car also

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Was your "genuine reason" to keep you sane during the painful wait

I was told July last week when I added the sports steering wheel

Just happen to be passing dealer tomorrow so hope they will have a new showroom car also
I think the guy there will breathe a sigh of relief when I take delivery and he's seen the back of me!

I should have mentioned that their showroom X3 isn't recent, it has been there since the launch in November. I just haven't been in to have a look yet.

Find out where that sales manager lives and have a poke around on his driveway!

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I even popped into the next closest dealer to see a different X3 when out for the day with the family but they had the exact same colour and spec car as my local dealer (plan foiled)

My dealer only had the "sales managers" ride since launch (it was the car I test drove)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I even popped into the next closest dealer to see a different X3 when out for the day with the family but they had the exact same colour and spec car as my local dealer (plan foiled)
I hope your family are becoming as irritated as mine with the amount of time and effort spent you spend doing research despite the fact you have already ordered the car!

Appreciate 0