BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #23
GenX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

One more thing...

Believe it or not, on those cold days, I actually can't wait to get in the car specifically to warm up my hands. It also encourages me to keep both hands on the wheel always feeling around for the warmest areas...

I'm not sure if this is just in my head, but after a while, the wheel doesn't seem as hot. I wonder if there is an auto turn off?? But it doesn't actually feel like it's off, just not as hot.

Packages | M-Sport | Cold I & II | Tech | Premium | Sound | BMW Apps, HUD, Net
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #24
Dechy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M

First time I've had a car with this feature, and I'm afraid it will make me hate other cars without it now... already started using it (streak of 6-7 days hovering around 2-5 degrees celcius) and with the fat & comfy feeling of the M wheel, its just one of those things that will always make me smile.

But like others here... the placement... I'm willing to bet the person who had to add it as a last minute feature (it HAD to be last minute) hated himself for having his name tied to it, even if the order came from above. At the very least if the indicator light was on the dash somewhere...

I wonder if someone with enough skills could splice an external LED which could be hidden from view to all but the driver in a better position. I'm used to the position of the button now, but sometimes I wonder if it's on or not, and being 6'4" makes it hell to look at.

I just wish heated seats & steering would remember last setting and stay ON instead of defaulting to OFF... cars with mechanical switches are better for something like that.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #25
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

My previous heated steering wheel switch on the 535xi was also located in about the same spot. Could not see if the indicator light was on or off unless you took your eyes off the road, and looked down behind the wheel itself. Seems to be a bit of a hassle, and an indicator light on the dash somewhere would be helpful.

Other than that, the s.w. heater is great...!!
      11-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #26
shivpt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 (Second Generation)

Love this awesome feature..big asset for these coming cold winter months!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #27
colson79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i DSB

It is really going to be nice in January when it's -20 F and the X3 has been sitting outside all day while I'm at work.