BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #67
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
I've given up paying any real interest in when mine will arrive. I'll just end up wishing the summer away and there are far better things to do with life. My A5 is already a month over its contract and the best my company is offering me until the X3 arrives in October is a reallocated 318d SE saloon. I mean, seriously. I think I'm going to start stalking nice company cars in the car park, finding out who they belong to and finding ways of getting them sacked so I can pick up their motors for now. Does that sounds slightly obsessive?
This post could one day be read out in an employment tribunal

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #68
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

I spend quite of bit of time in Berkshire. Maybe I'll broaden my scope beyond just my company's car park. Wonder if I can find any nice, loaded X3s around... I've taken a liking to silver recently.
      05-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #69
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
I spend quite of bit of time in Berkshire. Maybe I'll broaden my scope beyond just my company's car park. Wonder if I can find any nice, loaded X3s around... I've taken a liking to silver recently.
Look at what these long lead times are driving otherwise honest folk to consider

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #70
Lemsi1220
Rep
Drives: X3

X3 orders in Switzerland

Ordered my X3 last April 2011, was told the ETA would be Oct.-Nov 2011. I called up my dealer and told me that ETA is now Jan. 2012!! Launch a car ASAP but they can't keep up with production demands!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 04:04 AM   #71
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

My X3 35D M Sport was ordered on 10th september, it's here ready for collection MONDAY
      11-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #72
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
My X3 35D M Sport was ordered on 10th september, it's here ready for collection MONDAY
You don't quite count as a long lead time order because you're one of the first ever 35d orders. There's no bottlenecking backup of 35d orders yet, so your delivery time is a bit longer than mine was from Dec 2010-Feb 2011 and June 2011-August 2011.

Can't wait to hear about the engine. Good luck on Monday! Keep a list of quality control issues you want to check on before signing your name!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #73
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
You don't quite count as a long lead time order because you're one of the first ever 35d orders. There's no bottlenecking backup of 35d orders yet, so your delivery time is a bit longer than mine was from Dec 2010-Feb 2011 and June 2011-August 2011.

Can't wait to hear about the engine. Good luck on Monday! Keep a list of quality control issues you want to check on before signing your name!
Will do. I can't wait to drive it. Will take pictures ASAP.
      11-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #74
jc4ho
Rep
Drives: BMW

when the new 3 series launches it'll be those of us in north America complaining about the lead times then...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 05:48 AM   #75
ricardoyak
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d SE Mineral Silver

July to Feb for my 3.0d SE in the UK

I ordered in mid-July and was told Feb 12 for delivery. Dealer tells me the car is being built w/c 21/11 and will be with them in January. So all going to plan. I don't mind the wait as long as dealers are honest and keep you up to date. Hexagon in Hendon have been very good so far.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 05:51 AM   #76
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoyak View Post
I ordered in mid-July and was told Feb 12 for delivery. Dealer tells me the car is being built w/c 21/11 and will be with them in January. So all going to plan. I don't mind the wait as long as dealers are honest and keep you up to date. Hexagon in Hendon have been very good so far.

Sounds like a similar story... I ordered end July for a March Delevery, was told this had been bought forward and now due early Jan. Got mine through Knights at Stafford.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #77
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hendon is a long long away from Birmingham Ricard, have they offered a better deal?. I know when I went into Coventry and then Birmingham along with a few others, I ended up back at Listers Kings Lynn because they offer much better deals on BMW's, to me anyway.
      11-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #78
ricardoyak
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d SE Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Quote:
Hendon is a long long away from Birmingham Ricard, have they offered a better deal?. I know when I went into Coventry and then Birmingham along with a few others, I ended up back at Listers Kings Lynn because they offer much better deals on BMW's, to me anyway.
My X3 is a company car and Hexagon are the fleet lead dealer. Good so far but local garage (Sytner) were also helpful - sometimes dealers just aren't interested if they know you are a company car driver. Worst experience was Mercedes.
Appreciate 0