BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #1
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Handy feature of the new iTunes

I'm enjoying the new wi-fi sync feature of the new iTunes. I keep an iPod Touch hooked up to the car and have it set to sync over wi-fi. So, when it's in the garage it updates any songs purchased, syncs to keep apps and such up to date, and syncs my podcasts. I listen to some foreign language news podcasts on my commute, so it's handy to be able to update it w/o needing to remember to bring it in and sync it.

It's not like it was really hard to bring the iPod in, sync it, and bring it back in the morning. And, I could just use the iPhone I bring in and out anyway, but this way one device has all the music and the updated podcasts. Mostly just fun that it works, I guess!
      12-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
I'm enjoying the new wi-fi sync feature of the new iTunes. I keep an iPod Touch hooked up to the car and have it set to sync over wi-fi. So, when it's in the garage it updates any songs purchased, syncs to keep apps and such up to date, and syncs my podcasts. I listen to some foreign language news podcasts on my commute, so it's handy to be able to update it w/o needing to remember to bring it in and sync it.

It's not like it was really hard to bring the iPod in, sync it, and bring it back in the morning. And, I could just use the iPhone I bring in and out anyway, but this way one device has all the music and the updated podcasts. Mostly just fun that it works, I guess!
I hadn't thought about the implications of the new ability to sync over wifi. I might get a dedicated device for the X3 and use this. Thanks for posting

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Agree - the new wifi sync option is nice. I have noticed that it seems to "fail" fairly often, but not sure why. Also, if you enable the option, you can make it so that anything you purchase on iTunes is automatically pushed to all your devices. Very nice.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0