BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
trackpilot
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

New or used???

Looking at picking up a 35 for my wife. However there are hardly any on the used market! And the used ones that are available are at invoice price! So what's up with that? I've been looking for a used 2011 135i for myself and there are several available and not for a ridiculous price unlike the X3.
I'm think we'll wait a bit longer until the summer when the 2013's are out and see if more used 2011's are available for a decent price. Or we'll just get a new 2013 at invoice if that's possible.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

The X3 has been extremely popular with some people buying them at close to MSRP. Others have gotten better deals, but this is not the norm. I would be surprised if you found a new one at invoice. Not to say that people haven't done that well, but from what I can tell on the boards, it's rare. Especially if you live in an area where the is NO supply, where no one is going to want to deal.

You could order performance delivery through a forum sponsor, which will likely get you the best price.

If you are saying a used car in your area is selling for invoice price on a new car, I would definitely take the above route.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

You are right the X3 with turbo motors are hard to come by used, and all the used ones I have seen over the past 6 months have been dealer demos. I typically shy away from dealer demos. The market won't see saturation until the first round of leases start to expire. I'm guessing the 24 month leases should start wrapping up later this year. But even those will carry a premium again due to limited supplies.

If you can wrap up a sweet deal on a new one, near invoice, and include something like the performance center delivery experience (which is a really good time) I'd just head that route.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
trackpilot
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

If we bought new i would DEFINITLEY want the performance factory delivery! That'd be too cool to pass up!
How many of you guys have been able to get them at invoice? I don't care what dealer i'd purchase from since we'd do the factory delivery anyways.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
jk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 x3 35i

about 500 over invoice seems to be a commonly achievable deal.
Appreciate 0