BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-04-2011, 04:58 AM   #23
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by F25X3 View Post
So can we get that production video here in the uk or is it just for the NA market - u know the ones that pay less for the car than we do And get it faster too?
No production video. Only for BMW USA. I don't think Canada get it but I might be wrong. Also no online tracking or 0800 number to call for current status.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 05:27 AM   #24
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970Jon View Post
Depends what you want/need:
X3....Mummy Truck/4WD/High driving position/low rent interior in areas/8 month wait!
or
5er....Proper car/RWD (Xdrive if europe)/High end interior built at Dingolfing/3 month wait.

Roughly same prices....its your choice as they say each to their own. I drove both and decided on 5er.

5er is a classic/timeless BMW... X3 is currently 'trendy' but in my opinion could date quite quickly...no doubt it is much better than prev gen...

8-9 month wait is a 'killer' though!
It’s an estate
It's too long
Boring outdated look IMO
No higher driving position
Not as good for getting in and out of, particularly with a baby, but also luggage in the boot due to the lower height

All reasons why there is a 9 month wait for a new X3 rather than a 3 month wait for a 520d touring.

Not sure why you still read and post here seeing as you have already decided to get a 5 series. This forum is what you're after http://f10.5post.com/forums/index.php

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers

Last edited by sfax; 03-04-2011 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: Removed mistake
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 05:50 AM   #25
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
It’s an estate
It's too long
Boring outdated look IMO
No higher driving position
Not as good for getting in and out of, particularly with a baby, but also luggage in the boot due to the lower height
Costs more to tax

All reasons why there is a 9 month wait for a new X3 rather than a 3 month wait for a 520d touring.

Not sure why you still read and post here seeing as you have already decided to get a 5 series. This forum is what you're after http://f10.5post.com/forums/index.php
X3 forum is quite usefull as similar technologies to 5er...6nr debacle etc so like to keep an eye out....plus my wife drives prev gen X3 so cannot help but look at F25 forum occasionally..sorry!

Sfax...I like the X3 and each car has its own merits and each individual will tick list against what they need but interested your comment on less tax...do you mean road tax or BIK as 5er has less emmissions C02 i thought?

PS...your car looks good is it yours or your wifes?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 05:57 AM   #26
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
comment on less tax...do you mean road tax or BIK as 5er has less emmissions C02 i thought?
My bad. Was looking at a 530d by mistake. Did think it was unusual that it had higher emissions! It has less so remove that reason. The rest are all valid for me.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #27
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Mine is current event status 9000 in transit due week 14 (w/c 4th April)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:21 AM   #28
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
My bad. Was looking at a 530d by mistake. Did think it was unusual that it had higher emissions! It has less so remove that reason. The rest are all valid for me.
..see order a 520d and save the planet!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #29
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
..see order a 520d and save the planet!
Havent seen a single F25 yet (only 1 demo) but equally have only seen our fleet F11 - assume they are selling well?

if the F25 was made in Europe then the lead time would be the same as F10/F11, US order seem to go into manufacture within days of order but Euro orders have a 5+ month wait for a build slot

No doubt the F10 and F11 will sell in bucket loads and are great cars but equally the F25 is fantastic too and meets our tick list

Please stop with your wind up antics

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:29 AM   #30
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
I never saw that status! Mine was at departed plant for a month! Sounds promising

By my calculations you should be able to track it on WW on March 8

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #31
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Haven't seen a single F25 yet (only 1 demo)
+1 I've still only seen my own () and one demo driving into a dealership. That will obviously change but for now, it's awesome.

Quote:
Please stop with your wind up antics
Hear hear. No-one's biting.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #32
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep

Please stop with your wind up antics[/QUOTE

...sorry..its Friday sun is shining...getting bored waiting for my new car (with 6nr!).....

not really a wind up as my wife now really wants to change her 'old' X3 (3.0d sport 08!!) and we are thinking new X3 (but a demo) however all the demos available only seem to have business media..(rubbish dials!)...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #33
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You're on this one. Nailed on son.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #34
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You're on this one. Nailed on son.
The oracle has spoken

Do you need VIN to confirm (didnt ask for this from dealer)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #35
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
...sorry..its Friday sun is shining...getting bored waiting for my new car (with 6nr!).....

not really a wind up as my wife now really wants to change her 'old' X3 (3.0d sport 08!!) and we are thinking new X3 (but a demo) however all the demos available only seem to have business media..(rubbish dials!)...
I think you/your wife would be well pleased with the F25 over the E83 (a massive improvement)

Colleague getting 46 mpg from his F11 520d touring which is better than my 42mpg from my E60 saloon

The auto box is very good in both the F11 and F25 and the cabin quality in the F11 is spot on - still cant decide on the looks (was same with the E60 and go from loving it to hating it depending on colour and spec)

I know it is anul but I went for the pro media in my F25 just to avoid the Business Media smaller screen with black panels either side (same as F10/F11 and a bit naff looking). The E60 smaller screen was far better presented.

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #36
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The oracle has spoken

Do you need VIN to confirm (didnt ask for this from dealer)
Yup, you need the full VIN which your dealer should have by now. Let me know if you find it!

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #37
dmilne
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewob View Post
I just had an email re my X3 saying production has been delayed and delivery has moved from April to end June!!

As you can imagine I am not happy has anyone else come across such a large delay?

I'm starting to regret buying from Internet company now, despite them giving me a good deal.

Anyone know if there us anything I can do?? I don't think so but...,
Now you have me worried. I ordered mine in November via Nationwide cars. No date for delivery yet but they say mid to end April...
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #38
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmilne View Post
Now you have me worried. I ordered mine in November via Nationwide cars. No date for delivery yet but they say mid to end April...
Forget the delivery date, ask them the build date

Build is a couple of days then add approx 6 weeks shipping

Unless your car has a build date or is built you can forget april

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #39
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Double checked following comments and in fact my 3.0d order has been brought forward by a couple of weeks from the earlier prediction. Surprised re other comments but no complaints. I know big dealers have more slots but also maybe more customers. Moral of the story- shop around for price and delivery timescale and get it in writing.
Appreciate 0