BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-24-2015, 11:25 PM   #45
NS324
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Well the automated system at the 800# says my vehicle is in transit. Which should mean it's on a truck. Wonder how long the 300 mile journey will take. Maybe we'll get lucky and the car will get to the dealer today and we can take delivery tomorrow before our trip Thursday morning. Or worst case we take delivery Sunday afternoon when we get back from our trip.

Congrats NS324, I love that interior color. We had to get all black interior as we have 2 little kids and black is the only color that will be easy to maintain with 2 kids.
The M sport looks very aggressive as well!

Did you get the adaptive xenon or adaptive LED headlights? We got the adaptive xenon, I wonder if it has the cornering lights like my previous (non-bmw) vehicles. That's where when you slow down below 20mph and you have your turn signals on, it will light up the side of the road where you are turning to help you see where the curb/road is. I find that to be a very useful feather where I live as there are no street lights so it's very dark and the roads are not very well marked. That's one of the main features I miss from our previous car that I'm hoping this one will have. Unfortunately it seems all of the cars on the dealer lots don't have lighting package so we couldn't test it out, and the sales folks didn't know the answer to it either.

Thanks thenew3! I was a bit concerned about the saddle brown with the carbon black even though I saw that combination in the showroom. But I am comfortable with now. (Oyster or white would have been a better match, but would have been more difficult to maintain, especially given that we have a dog.)

I got the adaptive LED. The feature of lighting up the road in the direction of the turn is really nice. I also had that feature on a previous car and really liked it.
      11-24-2015, 11:28 PM   #46
NS324
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Dealer just called, our car just arrived and is being unloaded off the truck as we speak. They will prep it for delivery this evening.

Wife is going to be super excited as this will replace her DD and we can take our Thanksgiving trip with her new car.

Will get a few pics up when the weather allows.
Great news thenew3!!! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

I'll post one more that I took this morning (despite the car still being dirty).

11-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #47
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Here's a few photos. It's been raining all night and drizzling all day so not much light for good quality photos. Taken on a cell phone so apologize for the quality.

Wife really likes the car. There is more room in both the back seat and the trunk area than we had thought.

The way it's going, we should have around 500 miles on it by the end of the weekend.

Going to get all glass tinted next week.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #48
NS324
United_States
Rep

Congratulations thenew3! Enjoy!

To me, white is the best color for the X3. The contrast with the black trim around the windows & wheel wells and below the doors gives the X3 a great look.

Looks like by the end of this coming weekend you would have already surpassed the amount of miles that I have been able to put on mine during the last 7 days (only 300). I am anxiously waiting for 1200.
      12-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #49
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Just got mine last Monday!
Actually its for my wife~

Some pics on the day I picked up the baby~
Attached Images

12-07-2015, 09:31 PM   #50
NS324
United_States
Rep

Congratulations! Looks great!

Love those 20" wheels. I had hoped to get them but GF wanted the parking assistant, so they were ruled out. (Would have needed a winter set had we gotten them, so at least don't have to worry about that - but still, it would have been nice to get the handling benefit that the performance tires give you.)
      12-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #51
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
At first I was worried about the ride comfort on the 20", but it was nicer than my E90 with BBS 19". That was hardcore.
Perhaps I'm getting old~
      12-08-2015, 05:18 PM   #52
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i M Sport

My car is here! Will be able to pick it up tomorrow...

JP
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 10:50 PM   #53
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep

Picked up my car yesterday. I would post pictures but it looks identical to NS342 from the outside.

It's a great car but I have a headache from all the tech... Information overload. I love tech though and it's great. The stop and go adaptive cruise control makes playing with the tech while in stop and go traffic easy.

I like it how it always automatically starts my bluetooth music on my iphone as I get in the car and the interior seems nicer than I remember in the test drive.

Oh well. I am keeping this car for a long time and I think it will be good for me. Now my wife is fighting to drive the car all the time. Oh well, she wasn't fighting to drive the Prius it replaced.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 11:33 PM   #54
NS324
United_States
Rep

Congratulations JP! Many happy miles!

So you also got Carbon Black?

In another thread you mentioned how you were looking forward to the feature that displays the latest speed limit sign that the car has detected. You were spot-on with that - it's a great feature.

It detects many more signs than I do. It's not perfect, but overall it works very well. The only times I have seen it miss were on a dimly-lit road and when a sign was bent such that its face wasn't perpendicular to the road. Also, if it encounters a sign which identifies a conditional limit, such as "When children are present" or "When lights are flashing", there is no provision for determining whether the limit is applicable at the moment, so it displays the posted limit.

Shortly after I got the X3 I learned that there is a time-shift capability for the satellite radio. Very pleasant surprise.

We'll be starting a trip next week; I am looking forward to utilizing the adaptive cruise control. I have only briefly used it till this point but I loved it.

If I remember correctly, you too will soon be going on a trip. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes with the coding for the anti-dazzle feature. One day last week I got flashed 3 times by other vehicles whose drivers thought that my high beams were on. I probably won't code it because I leased, but would be good to know that you had success.
      12-11-2015, 01:15 AM   #55
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X4 30d MSport

Congrats JP! Happy driving. You'll soon get used to all the info. :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #56
jponline77
Private
Canada
Rep

Yeah, speed limit info is great. Yeah, mine is the 35i Carbon Black M-Sport package. It looks really good in my opinion. I stuck with a black interior though.

As for coding, you can always reverse the coding when returning your lease. The coding for the anti-dazzle is pretty simple. So it'll be easy to reverse. If you start coding a lot of things then it'll be hard to remember what to reverse. I coded up a few more things now (enhanced bluetooth, M boot screen, unlock doors when shutting the engine off). That's pretty much all I'll do for coding for now.

I ran again with the ant-dazzle lights and it's really hard to get them to work with street lights. However, on dark highways it works fairly well. I'm planning on using this car a lot for ski trips, and there are a lot of dark highways, so it will come in handy.

The roadtrip should be fun too... It's a winter road with lots of passing. I will be sure to use all the features of the car during the trip. Maybe even the concierge service.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #57
JSGR8
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive28i

New car, new forum

Hey all,

Congrats to the new owners.

First time BMW owner; new member here. Also from Canada.

I ordered mine Nov 20th. It's only been three weeks, but I can hardly wait! The wait is making me so anxious! I'm hoping to take delivery before the end of the month.

I was torn between Blue and Mineral White for days. Finally settled on MW, mocha leather, and anthracite trim. Still not sure I made the right colour choice. Lol. I wanted the M-sport package, but couldn't justify the additional $5K, so just went with the Enhanced package, and leather.

Question to all that purchased new and financing through BMWFS...when I signed, the finance rate was 3.9%. The rate has since dropped to 2.9% for December. If I take delivery in December, I know I get the lower rate, but what if delivery doesn't happen until January 2016 and the rate goes back up to 3.9%? Can I request the lowest rate between time of purchase and date of delivery? Sorry if this question should be in a different post/thread.

Looking forward to taking the new X3 on a road trip.

That's JSGR8.
Appreciate 0