BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-11-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Pinoyako
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Exclamation Loud fan/air noise when AC is on!!!

This is just a warning to all new owners and future owners to be aware when they turn on the AC. Our car is barely 10 days when we noticed on the 8th day that when we turn on the AC there was a very audible noise like the fan was on high. You may not hear it when you inside the car because when you driving you will not hear it and may think its just the AC. HOWEVER...when you are OUTSIDE THE CAR and the moment you turn the AC you will hear the noise like the engine revving up or the AC is at maximum fan. The mechanic (with a Deutsch accent) told us the the fan for the engine is at level 2. So intake of air is high specially when the engine temp is low. I was told it's a computer thing and the mechanic mentioned that if I did not go for service that meant possible big damage. On the 8 days we had this car we rarely use the aircon, for we were enjoying the sunroof. Good thing my wife have good ears, at first I was denying that there is something wrong bec. it's new. But when I stepped out of the car and compared the noise from no AC and when AC turned on...was not normal. I could not hear it when your inside the car, just a regular road and AC noise I thought. SO in conclusion, be aware of this noise. Start the AC when engine is cold say first thing in the morning and listen to the noise OUTSIDE the car. My 11X3 is stil in the shop for the 2nd day now. I was told tomorrow. I got a loaner...a 2011 328i.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
Mohsen
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 Xdrive 28i

So what happened next, did you get it from shop? what was wrong? can you share it with us?
Thanks
Mohsen
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
MichiganMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
So what happened next, did you get it from shop? what was wrong? can you share it with us?
Thanks
Mohsen
Are you aware that you are asking what happened next for a post from more than 5 years ago and the OP has not posted since 2011?
Appreciate 1
Scout1086.00