BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
KF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 30D

Garage List
Diesel warranty

Hi All

Has anyone had experience with BMW warranty paying out on particulate filter or other diesel warranty problems.

I recently had our X3 serviced at a dealer that was not the dealer we purchased the car from. The service there wrongly diagnosed it as having a DPF problem. They also phoned BMW warranty who promptly told the service people that the owner had to pay to sort the problem out as only driver style could create a DPF problem.

A big shock to us as we expected a premium warranty after paying BMW prices.

The dealer we purchased from told us to bring it in for a no cost check, they would cover the cost themselves.

We have done 24,000km since purchase on the 17th of February this year. I understand that you can expect problems if only used in cities but our car has spent about two hours in a city!!

KF
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Alligator69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 2.0d Mineral Silver

I bet they can easily extract information on how the car has been used. DPF may only give problems (and to be fair, should not anyway!)if the car is frequently used in city for short paths, in this case the engine and the filter don't reach temperatures enabling the correct elimination of particulate.

I'd go for another dealer and insist. If they accuse you of car misuse they have to prove it.
Appreciate 0