BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #23
twistediron
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
I didn't ask for the VIN, I will next time I am talking to my SA.
if it has a vin, it's in assembly... so 2 days to build it post that.

mine started on the 6th, yours probably did too.. so chances are we are on the same truck to toronto for redistribution luckily mine doesn't go across the country so I get it quicker
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #24
gareth12468
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 28i

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistediron View Post
if it has a vin, it's in assembly... so 2 days to build it post that.

mine started on the 6th, yours probably did too.. so chances are we are on the same truck to toronto for redistribution luckily mine doesn't go across the country so I get it quicker
Go to know......
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #25
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjarvis View Post
Hey Warmtoes,
This is my first post here.
Congrats on your new ride. Sounds like it's going to be awesome.
I just ordered mine a few weeks ago and the dealer told me they were not negotiating a penny off msrp for any orders with the m sport.
Would you be kind enough to tell me how much of a discount you got.
I think it may be time to renegotiate!
Many Thanks
That is total BS..... i got $3000 off MSRP and got a few extras too such as mats, cargo mat, etc.... i live in toronto, canada though...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #26
brianjarvis
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 M Sport Carbon Black

Colton,
Thanks, that's appreciated.
Is there anyone in Vancouver who can give me some help.?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #27
colton_matthias
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 M Sport

Quote:
Colton,
Thanks, that's appreciated.
Is there anyone in Vancouver who can give me some help.?
I heard that brian jessel gives pretty good deals and has great customer service, you should try there. Let me know how it goes =P. Goodluck!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #28
Kalopop
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3

Quote:
Hey Warmtoes,
This is my first post here.
Congrats on your new ride. Sounds like it's going to be awesome.
I just ordered mine a few weeks ago and the dealer told me they were not negotiating a penny off msrp for any orders with the m sport.
Would you be kind enough to tell me how much of a discount you got.
I think it may be time to renegotiate!
Many Thanks
Dont feel bad. I got 0 off msrp as well I live in Van. It was actually 18g above msrp with freight, taxes, ect included.
How much was did u pay in total? I paid 78,000.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #29
brianjarvis
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 M Sport Carbon Black

Mine was about the same.
Thanks for the info.
Where abouts are you in the lower mainland? Would love to see your X3 if it arrives before mine
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #30
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

On the 7th, I posted that I did not have my VIN. As of a chat with my SA today, I have both the production number and my VIN. The status is now "50 in prod" so I am being built this week.

Also clarified a bit the MSport/Dynamic Comfort confusion - as it applies to Cdn orders. The main difference I can see is that unless you get the Dyn Comfort pkg ($1500 in Canada), you will not be able to adjust dampers under the Sport+ setting. Furthermore, without Dyn Comfort pkg, you cannot access the "comfort" setting on the dampers (only the "normal" setting). Not sure how that translates in the real world. You need either MSport or Dyn Comfort to get the Variable Sport Steering. Performance Control is included in both Dyn Comfort and MSport pkg.

Some of this is still somewhat confusing, and since I have ordered both MSport and Dyn Comfort, I guess I will just wait and see how it all turns out. I do know that whatever options of throttle response, dampers, Servotronic, VarSportSteering, and DSC there are, I have them covered with both packages together.

None of this may or may not apply to US and or UK orders.
      05-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #31
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
On the 7th, I posted that I did not have my VIN. As of a chat with my SA today, I have both the production number and my VIN. The status is now "50 in prod" so I am being built this week.

Also clarified a bit the MSport/Dynamic Comfort confusion - as it applies to Cdn orders. The main difference I can see is that unless you get the Dyn Comfort pkg ($1500 in Canada), you will not be able to adjust dampers under the Sport+ setting. Furthermore, without Dyn Comfort pkg, you cannot access the "comfort" setting on the dampers (only the "normal" setting). Not sure how that translates in the real world. You need either MSport or Dyn Comfort to get the Variable Sport Steering. Performance Control is included in both Dyn Comfort and MSport pkg.

Some of this is still somewhat confusing, and since I have ordered both MSport and Dyn Comfort, I guess I will just wait and see how it all turns out. I do know that whatever options of throttle response, dampers, Servotronic, VarSportSteering, and DSC there are, I have them covered with both packages together.

None of this may or may not apply to US and or UK orders.
Okay, there seems to be a confusion about the naming of certain features. Dynamic Comfort Package, as it is named in Canada, does not actually offer a comfort option. The Comfort setting is one reserved for the 5, 6, and 7 (soon to be others) with the Dynamic Damper/Drive Control. The only reason why it is named Dynamic Comfort when referring to the X3 is because the standard sport suspension is deleted and replaced by the Normal/Sport/Sport+ settings. The standard sport suspension sits in between Normal and Sport. If Dynamic Damper/Comfort Control is on your car, Normal will be more comfortable than the standard sport suspension. Thus the misleading "Dynamic Comfort Package."
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #32
charley_alford
Registered
Rep
Drives: awesome

I must say you paid some good bucks for it...its worth it
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #33
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddholland View Post
Okay, there seems to be a confusion about the naming of certain features. Dynamic Comfort Package, as it is named in Canada, does not actually offer a comfort option. The Comfort setting is one reserved for the 5, 6, and 7 (soon to be others) with the Dynamic Damper/Drive Control. The only reason why it is named Dynamic Comfort when referring to the X3 is because the standard sport suspension is deleted and replaced by the Normal/Sport/Sport+ settings. The standard sport suspension sits in between Normal and Sport. If Dynamic Damper/Comfort Control is on your car, Normal will be more comfortable than the standard sport suspension. Thus the misleading "Dynamic Comfort Package."
I am still waiting for my X3, but I "think" you are correct as above.
      05-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #34
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

Mine should be here within the next two weeks or so. I'll be interested in learning all of what it can or cannot do with the suspension and with the BMW apps with my iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #35
4sure
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i M-Sport Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
Mine should be here within the next two weeks or so. I'll be interested in learning all of what it can or cannot do with the suspension and with the BMW apps with my iPhone.
Same as mines, I was told in 2 weeks!!! Maybe our babies will be on the same fleet
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2011, 11:58 PM   #36
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sure View Post
Same as mines, I was told in 2 weeks!!! Maybe our babies will be on the same fleet
Could very well be but the cruel thing for me is that my lease isn't up until near the end of June so my X3 will be stored for awhile.
Appreciate 0