BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-12-2020, 08:15 PM   #1
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2021 X3 M40i

What do dealers try to sell you after you close on the sale?

When I bought my 2012 X3, I remember the dealer trying to sell a tire/wheel warranty and a front end clear bra but can't remember anything else. Oh yeah they also wanted to sell an extended warranty. I didn't take any of these and they were surprised. At the time, all maintenance was covered during the warranty such as oil changes. But I think times have changed regarding the maintenance. What is the new maintenance warranty and is it worth it?
What else will they try to sell me?

This post was supposed to go in the G01 forum. I moved it.

Last edited by cadman50; 10-13-2020 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: wrong forum
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
BMWfan73
Lord of Glencoe
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman50 View Post
When I bought my 2012 X3, I remember the dealer trying to sell a tire/wheel warranty and a front end clear bra but can't remember anything else. Oh yeah they also wanted to sell an extended warranty. I didn't take any of these and they were surprised. At the time, all maintenance was covered during the warranty such as oil changes. But I think times have changed regarding the maintenance. What is the new maintenance warranty and is it worth it?
I had one guy try to sell me his little sister but I think he was just a creep, so....
      10-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

each dealer has different things, standard ones are wheel and tire (have to buy this at signing, you can not buy this later, so if you want this get it then) ext warranties (the benefit in buying this up front at signing is you can wrap it up into the purchase of the car and roll it into your payment if you want) and usually some sort of paint protection item. There are others however these seem to be the staple.

As far as ext warranties go, If you are not sure if you are going to keep the car dont buy it up front. Look at getting into it later closer to the end of factory warranty that way you can use that cash elsewhere, just my 2 cents. Also if you do look into the warranties later on if you dont know we blow them out for forum members, we are cheaper then anyone: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1670964

wheel and tire is a good deal if you drive on rough roads and have a history of wheel issues, it will save you if you replace within the year.

paint protection etc.. thats totally personal but a lot of that is pricey IMO..

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 12:08 PM   #4
6MT_Addict
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman50 View Post

This post was supposed to go in the G01 forum. I moved it.
Bought mine used while still under factory warranty.... everything from extended warranty to undercarriage coating and exterior finish warranty. I think they even offered glass warranty even though my insurance covers glass.

Appreciate 0