BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-02-2021, 03:40 PM   #45
ArsBas
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, BMW X3

Hi everyone! I found a guy who activating Carplay via USB. I bought it, done all the process, but the Carplay was not activated, as the “guy” said “Everything is activated, but I have no WiFi antenna” when I’m pressing “Carplay” it says “ unable to activate Carplay”, so if I’ll install WiFi will it work?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 03:56 PM   #46
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
I don't understand russian, so can't really tell what it saying, but if the patch says "failed", in my understanding it means, it failed. I would expecting success message when applying a patch.
My X3 (build 2018) came also without wifi antenna, and the patch I had worked, and Carplay too - although the phone had to be near the head unit (on the cove of the central console for example) for a good connection.
      06-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #47
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsBas View Post
Hi everyone! I found a guy who activating Carplay via USB. I bought it, done all the process, but the Carplay was not activated, as the “guy” said “Everything is activated, but I have no WiFi antenna” when I’m pressing “Carplay” it says “ unable to activate Carplay”, so if I’ll install WiFi will it work?
No one can tell you with certainty that WLAN Antenna will make it work. It is possible that is it or it is possible everything is not activated contrary to what seller said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titomi View Post
I don't understand russian, so can't really tell what it saying, but if the patch says "failed", in my understanding it means, it failed. I would expecting success message when applying a patch.
My X3 (build 2018) came also without wifi antenna, and the patch I had worked, and Carplay too - although the phone had to be near the head unit (on the cove of the central console for example) for a good connection.
The Patch fail error shown is because unit is already patched (hence no OEM Key to patch) by some previous install.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 11:29 PM   #48
danielduke
Enlisted Member
Colombia
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCAP View Post
Kubax86 gave me some tips about installing the antenna on my own, it was relatively easy. And today he remotely activated Apple CarPlay and full screen on my 2018 X3 - it works perfectly and it took about half an hour.....it’s a major upgrade from the plain BT connection and totally worth it. I was really afraid of flashing the unit in my beloved car but he did a great job and was very user friendly - definitely recommend!
Hi!

Did you found instructions anywhere on how to remove the trim and head unit for Wifi antenna installation? Or can you share how you did it? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 02:29 AM   #49
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielduke View Post
Hi!

Did you found instructions anywhere on how to remove the trim and head unit for Wifi antenna installation? Or can you share how you did it? Thank you!
Patch failed, so if you’re getting UNABLE TO ACTIVATE CarPlay, necessary FSC wasn’t loaded. Antenna most likely won’t help. You would need to get your headunit reflashed (with newest firmware), then get a patch. That would solve your issue (probably along with antenna).
Appreciate 1
ArsBas0.00
      06-03-2021, 06:42 AM   #50
ArsBas
Rep

That's what I thought, the installation of antenna is a hardware, it would not change any software configuration.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #51
ArsBas
Rep

I install WiFi on my own 👌 that takes me for about 40 minutes. Pls see my pictures:
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 04:56 AM   #52
niksss
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F10 535i

Quote:
Hey. Did you solve this issue ? I had NBT Evo retrofited a few days ago and carplay throws the same error. The seller told me that if carplay is shown on navi, it is activated and the problem is somewhere else, most likely antenna.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 03:36 PM   #53
Delliwell
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30e (G01)

Great guide, thanks m8!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:01 AM   #54
redkite
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0i MY19 Phytonic/Cognac

Anyone have a link to removal of head unit instructions.

All the links in the thread are broken and newtis has been disabled. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 09:05 AM   #55
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by redkite View Post
Anyone have a link to removal of head unit instructions.

All the links in the thread are broken and newtis has been disabled. Thanks.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 03:11 PM   #56
SO8
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

I had a guy fit Apple Carplay to my X3 M40i earlier ... I would never trust myself to attempt this !

Simon at Bavarian Coding from Southampton UK came to me and spent a good few hours meticulously fitting and sorting the car ... his work was excellent and very tidy. He certainly took time to get it right and the install is perfect. An extremely knowledgeable and hardworking man ... and one who I will be using soon to install ACC for me

He updated the cars software at the same time too.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 02:37 PM   #57
ArsBas
Rep

Quote:
Hi everyone! I found a guy who activating Carplay via USB. I bought it, done all the process, but the Carplay was not activated, as the "guy" said "Everything is activated, but I have no WiFi antenna" when I'm pressing "Carplay" it says " unable to activate Carplay", so if I'll install WiFi will it work?
Hey. Did you solve this issue ? I had NBT Evo retrofited a few days ago and carplay throws the same error. The seller told me that if carplay is shown on navi, it is activated and the problem is somewhere else, most likely antenna.

No, I didn't 😏 I bought OEM WIFI ANTENNA, but the menu "WiFi" on the NBT still didn't show up, and the Carplay also not activated 🧐
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 11:38 AM   #58
Skoorbm
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M, BMW X5M, BMW M6

Pictures of install

Pics of the install on the G01 were apparently taken down. Is there another place to find them?
Appreciate 0