BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-06-2016, 11:31 AM   #1
x3L2004
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW X3 3.0L

2004 BMW X3 - What are my options for adding AUX/USB to my car for music?

Ok so I have a 2004 BMW X3 that I just bought I am new to BMWs in general so I have a few frustrations im dealing with now:

The navigation display screen on the flip monitor does not work its all black but the radio and cd player works

The CD changer in the dash does not spit out my CD it just stuck inside and sometimes it will come out and sometimes it won't but it plays the CD thank goodness the music on the CD is good lol

I haven't played around with the cd changer in the center armrest area I don't know how to use it yet

I can't see what CD i'm changing and how to change between CDs because the navigation screen isnt working (I assume that's where it displays it)

So what do I have to do now? Fix the nav screen? Replace the radio with an aftermarket one that has AUX/USB built in? Is there any option to keep everything in the dash as is and just replace the center armrest one with an aftermarket??
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 06:03 AM   #2
Mikesmith2939
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xdrive

First of all disconnect the battery then touch the positive cable to the negative cable then reconnect and try again.

I assume it should also have navigation, take radio unit out and check all connections, also check fuses in fuse box above glove box
Appreciate 0